When all else fails......
2,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Attachments

Reactions: Branned

·
Gravity is a Theory.
3,211 Posts
I dont think that China having a larger economy means America is going anywhere......We just wont be the big kid on the block anymore.

Every sun must set eventually. I would still rather live in the US any day of th week than China.

·
RESET CONGRESS!!
9,462 Posts
It's obvious that our economy is not healthy.
It's also certain that our politicians do not have the backbone to make it healthy. They are bought and paid for.
I assume our debt will continue to spiral out of control. The USA is not a good credit risk.
The globe in general is in financial trouble.
China has a bit of an advantage. A history of sacrifice and government control over the people. I see them as being in the driver's seat at the moment. Plus, they look 50 years down the road, whereas we plan for the next quarter or election cycle. They respect their culture and history,.. we no longer teach ours.

Historically,.. what happens in such a global climate? Large scale war. I don't know if it's human nature, the 'powers that be', or whatever, but it seems to be the historical pressure-relief valve to global tension. We do not seem to learn. :-(

·
Registered
10,056 Posts
China's economy is not a bowl of cherries by any means. The government has subsidized the real estate sector for years to help sustain its old 10% growth. I am sure there are many other areas of their economy that have been manipulated as well as their currency. They have complete cities that were built and nobody lives or works in them.

China's economy could well see a crash in the future if their leaders cannot keep the growth controlled with out large inflation. The tire can fall of a new vehicle just as well as an old one.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Anyone else getting tired of "financial experts" predicting crap that is so far in the future.

I stopped listening to "financial experts" and weathermen a long time ago. Both have a track record of being wrong.

If you want to know what the weather is doing, look at the maps on NOAA, get a farmers almanac, get a barometer and a thermometer. Learn how to use all 4 and you will be far more accurate than watching the news.

Same goes with finances. Pay attention to prices and buy things of long term value. It's pretty easy to spot financial problems when you are tracking prices of things.

·
Prepared
15,924 Posts
China may be coming here. Their stores are here (the Big Boxes). They're starting to buy real estate, setting up shop, and obviously have a lot of influence in DC. No politician has ever suggested any sort of tariff against them. The US you knew today, and 10 or 20 years ago, may not be the US you know in 10 more years.

I dont think that China having a larger economy means America is going anywhere......We just wont be the big kid on the block anymore.

Every sun must set eventually. I would still rather live in the US any day of th week than China.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
China actively suppresses the Renminbi. This is a fact. So what. China can damn well do as it pleases with its own currency and "fair" has little to do with it. It is a reality.China is keeping a lid on the Renminbi making its goods cheaper in America. So what. America could have done the exact same thing if it chose.

Now, I ask, what does that mean exactly? "China actively suppresses the Renminbi" Well, for starters China suppresses the Renminbi by buying piles and piles of American dollars. Meanwhile, China is the world's second largest importer of goods. Someone has a trade going with China. About half of China's imports are from regional nations, in what the MIC would call the PACOM AOR. In fact, China is increasing its imports at the same rate it is increasing its exports. What does this tell us? China is doing what it has to to win. China's "currency manipulation" is a bunch of hooey. If China were genuinely manipulating its currency, it couldn't afford to import using the current reserve currency of the world - the dollar. The smart thing for China to do is make side deals uncoupling the Renminbi from the dollar. oh wait, they already did that with Russia, Vietnam and Thailand. China isn't manipulating anything really. The U.S. is selling it too many dollars.

The American whine that Says China is cheating is just that, whining. America if it had not spent piles and piles of money on Welfare and the MIC could have afford to do the same thing - buy up tons of other countries currency and treasury and national banking instruments.

For Americans who have witnessed QE 1, QE 2 , the rise of the Military Industrial Complex, the Welfare State and the bailouts = just to name a few things, to complain about China "manipulating" its economy is at best hypocrisy and at worst willful ignorance.

Spain beat the British to the New World. Who colonized North America?

History turns. Count on it.

·
Prepared
15,924 Posts
The fact that the Fortune-500 adores Chinese manufacturing, engineering, and whatever economic/political arrangements it gets is larger reason to be concerned than China itself, in my opinion. I've occasionally wondered whether, if war to ever break out between the US and China, whose side the Fortune-500 would take. The side of one segment of their consumer-base (and possibly a shrinking demographic), or the side where their factories, the rising economic power-house, etc. are located. My guess is that the Fortune-500 would hope the US loses any sort of war at this point, whether political, economic, or military against China. The pirates are moving their home ports.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Anyone else getting tired of "financial experts" predicting crap that is so far in the future.

I stopped listening to "financial experts" and weathermen a long time ago. Both have a track record of being wrong.

If you want to know what the weather is doing, look at the maps on NOAA, get a farmers almanac, get a barometer and a thermometer. Learn how to use all 4 and you will be far more accurate than watching the news.

Same goes with finances. Pay attention to prices and buy things of long term value. It's pretty easy to spot financial problems when you are tracking prices of things.
Their "date" for china has changed numerous times just in the last two years. Just shows "they" don't know squat.

·
Silent Defender
2,058 Posts
Isn't this a goal of the IMF? Can't have any nation too big for too long. This just seems like them more openly saying "Yep, we're succeeding."

·
Μολὼν λαβ
1,199 Posts
China has a billion more people than we do. Naturally, at one point or another their numbers will be higher just because of the sheer number of people in that country.

If I remember correctly, there was an article that said India would surpass China's economy by 2050. I don't remember where I read it. maybe someone else has the link.

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
China may be coming here. Their stores are here (the Big Boxes). They're starting to buy real estate, setting up shop, and obviously have a lot of influence in DC. No politician has ever suggested any sort of tariff against them. The US you knew today, and 10 or 20 years ago, may not be the US you know in 10 more years.
Donald Trump has proclaimed that a starting point would be a 25% tariff on China.

Obviously he is not even a candidate at this point but from what I've read and heard him say this is one of his main salient points along with reeling in OPEC.

·
... --- ...
14,874 Posts
Donald Trump has proclaimed that a starting point would be a 25% tariff on China.

Obviously he is not even a candidate at this point but from what I've read and heard him say this is one of his main salient points along with reeling in OPEC.
Doesn't matter what Trump says, or even does. We're in so deep, that it can't ( or at least,won't) be fixed. He's doing the same thing Obama did : Tell 'em what they wanna hear.
All of the evidence that we all post and read here, that the US is falling, the dollar is crumbling, the New World Order is coming........is the reality.
All of these things ARE going to materialize. :mad:

·
Inglorious Deplorable
21,136 Posts
MIL-DOT,

Just to be clear on this, you think I'll need more than one case of beer in my emergency supplies?

·
Banned
2,839 Posts
Yeah the US is just changing. While conservative america is sleeping the new vote is sneaking over the borders. There will be a shift in votes that will change the US permenantly and it wont be a Republican/Democrat, left/right problem anymore. We dont have to go any farther than California to see what the US has in store for it. Once the majority is won in the house and/or the senate its gave over, the US is forever changed.
The absolute only way the US can buy its way out of the Chinese grip is to heavily tax anyone making 1 million dollars a year and over until China is paid off. This or war thats the only way. I dont see the elite allowing us to tax them out of this so buckle up its going to be a bumpy ride. The US today reminds me of this really nice 25' boston whaler (top of the line) tied up at the dock and there are 2,599 people jumping onto the boats deck. Eventually this boat is going to sink even with the bilge pump working. Yes its a beautiful boat with all creature comforts and the lates gadgets but it was not designed for 2,599 people only 10. Having the budgets cut and people like myself to lose any services after paying into these programs my whole life while illegals are pouring over the borders draining our resources is criminal. Dont cut my services tax the hell out of the new comers straining our system.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts