Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I find that I've amassed quite the collection in my office at work. What could I use them for in a survivalist/prepper type of way?

I have 1 full one in my BOB if I would need a boost while on the run but empty they could hold anything that could fit.

Some things I was thinking would be:
-Tinder for fire starting
-Liquid soaps
-Disinfectant concentrates (lysol or simple green)
-Medications
-Drink mix concentrate
-Rubbing alcohol
-Hydrogen Peroxide
-Matches
-Spices (salt,pepper,sugar)

Anything else???

·
woefully unprepared
1,488 Posts
I have a better idea--Buy some Vitamin B complex and some No-Doz if you must, and stop paying $2 each for those things. Keep a jar in your desk at work and drop the cash in there every time you'd normally drink one. Use your hundreds of dollars to buy something you've been putting off.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have a better idea--Buy some Vitamin B complex and some No-Doz if you must, and stop paying $2 each for those things. Keep a jar in your desk at work and drop the cash in there every time you'd normally drink one. Use your hundreds of dollars to buy something you've been putting off.
My buddy gets boxes of em at wholesale from his work so I just toss him a few bucks every now and then and I just grab one or two when I feel like it. Hardly the few hundred dollars you speak of. It's out of pure convenience that I even consume them. Mostly on mornings that I'm hung over :) Your solution would give ya a good kick for sure though.

·
Dog bites - Owner shoots
485 Posts
lamp/fuel oil
to keep strike anywhere stick matches dry in your pack
bb gun / rifle target practice
keep small supply of vitamins
small all in 1 fishing kit - you just need a walking stick for rod

and if you have know how ... perfect for small smoke bombs and boom type things. Safety and legality a pre-requsite.

:thumb:

·
Father of 11 husband of 1
11,186 Posts
Great thread, I was trying to find a good container for Chlorine Bleach to purify water. This might just do the trick. Also, I have a lot of the little test strip containers (Diabetic) which make great pill bottles (or I suppose weed if that is your thing) or tiny fishing kits.

·
Registered
557 Posts
My buddy gets boxes of em at wholesale from his work so I just toss him a few bucks every now and then and I just grab one or two when I feel like it. Hardly the few hundred dollars you speak of. It's out of pure convenience that I even consume them. Mostly on mornings that I'm hung over :) Your solution would give ya a good kick for sure though.
you have amassed quite a few and mostly on mornings your hung over????? perhaps you should think about that.

·
Neo Confederate
2,256 Posts
Well, how big are they?

a couple of ounces?

I have some little "energy" drink bottles, they are plastic, with a tight fitting lid, maybe 5 or 8 tablespoons.

I use them for fishing gear in my BOB

·
Registered
11,470 Posts
Quit drinking that crap and get some sleep and eat a real diet.I never use " energy" drinks nor coffee or soda.When the SHTF and there is no resupply" what ya gunna du fer" energy then?
As far as what to do with the garbage well the rest on here gave you everything you need.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.