Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
For me not much.
The collection does not have much of a rating on Amazon
Nothng there you can't learn from Youtube or geta better rated books from Amazon

·
Registered
9,242 Posts
The description sounds like a scam:

In this program, Deacon has shown simple tips and tricks on how to assemble simple device that can protect your electrical appliance against the EMP. The good thing is that the parts that you will need to assemble are found within your kitchen. In addition to that, the author has also revealed 5 crucial electronic devices that you will need to have in order to survive after EMP attack. The tips that the author has given will help you keep your family stay safe in a period where many will not make it. This program will prepare you for the absolute worse and will give you the skills, power and resources that will help you overcome EMP attack.
Seriously?

·
Capability, not scenarios
11,602 Posts
Whether I decide to pursue a source of information depends, in part, on how well the author/website expresses him/herself.

The description on the website (click the link) is full of grammatical and typographical errors. My thinking is that if you cannot get the English right on your promotional material, how can I trust that you'll do any better in the material you're selling?

One thing I find interesting/funny is this claim: "In this program, Deacon has shown simple tips and tricks on how to assemble simple device that can protect your electrical appliance against the EMP. The good thing is that the parts that you will need to assemble are found within your kitchen."

That's copied and pasted, so the English is as it was written on the website.

Know what he's going to teach you? How to make a faraday cage, perhaps a nested faraday cage, using aluminum foil. Whoopee!

BTW, the grammar is indicative of someone writing this for whom English is not their native language. It's typical to see difficulty getting plurals correct in such writing, or the omission of an article. In other words, you can either "assemble a simple device" or "assemble simple devices" but to simply "assemble simple device" is, simply, incorrect. :)

I think you might be better off buying "One Second After" and "Lights Out".

I found both to be entertaining reads. I learned some things not only about possible EMP effects but also about potential reactions by people. Realize both are very specific scenarios so don't start planning as if they will happen, but both will give you a ton of ideas about how you might approach the general problem.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have been prepping for EMP's/Solar flares here is my list just for a start.
*Vehicles
*70's car will be you best bet craigslist it
*Motorcycle I have four 70'S Honda bikes that i ride everyday that from
from the factory are EMP resistant
*Bicycle the cheapest and best bet all ways will work
*Water
*I have a lake and stream by my house that I can pump water from and
have a hand pump and a gas power water pump
*Iodine if you cant pump water
*Food/food prep
* I just store my food in sealed 55 gallon drums
* For cooking I use white gas because it is safe and reliable no
pressurized canisters sitting around.
*Communication
*No Phone system no nothing I have a buddy where we are storing
walkie talkies in faraday cages so at least we can communicate
*We have stored 10 each incase we get multiple hits of EMP's

·
"TURGID FLUX"
5,188 Posts
Saving your "electrical device" won't do much good if no juice comes down the wire for 10 years.
Yup; You said it. The power grid is far more vulnerable than any devices in your home. We will be reduced to hunter-gatherers, foragers-scroungers.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts