Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Banned
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone decided to or planned on or actually left the us?i have been researching various regions and countries that one can emigrate to and there are advantages and drawbacks to every one.
i lived last year in thailand and the hassle of leaving every 2 months to stamp my tourist visa back in was a big hassle.the philippines allows their visas to just be stamped every 2 months for a small fee without having to leave and re-enter.the plus for those 2 countries is the very low cost of living and the women.
us citizens can stay in canada for 6 months out of the year but the 6 months one is back in the us could be the period that the collapse and martial law occurs.
did also live a year in waikiki hawaii 2 years ago basically just surfing and partying every day,and while i like the fact it is so far from the mainland,it is also heavily dependant on tourism,military welfare,and ships bringing in overpriced food.all my stainless mini-14s and berettas,my few hundred thousand rounds of ammo,and most of my survival supplies are in honolulu storage waiting for me to come back or ship to wherever i choose to move to.
i am trying to decide between seattle/vancouver or hawaii.anyone living in either places please feel free to provide advice.

·
Here's my safety Sir
14,678 Posts
Have no intent to leave my country.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Fleeing the country has both ups and downs. If you flee then you will be at the mercy of customs. If you do not flee then you will be in familiar suroundings. This is the logic I used to decide to stay.

What do you guys think, would it be better to flee or to stay. Things will be complicated either way and I don't like moving, I'm lazy like that.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I think that you need to rethink your big city locations. Seattle/Vancouver - These would be horrible places to live in a true TEOTWAWKI situation. And I'm sure that Hawaii is beautiful, but how would you eat if food dosen't get shippped there?

My opinion, which of course is worth next to nothing, is that you need to make a decision real fast. Either you are going to party, or you are going to survive. Big city life is great for parting, but when times get tough the people in big cities are going to be and cause trouble. I would encourage you to find a smaller town, that is more self sufficient, where there was still some attraction for you.

·
Registered
645 Posts
I agree with you on that one melody, big cities bad. Unless the island you are living on is self sustaining you don't want to be living on that island any more.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I Have lived in 6 differant countrys( France, England, spain, Germany, and the U.S.A.) in the world, not including my home country of Australia and they all had there good and bad points.
You would be better where you know the area like here in the U.S.A. than in a country where the local will then have the advantage.

The U.S.A. is home now and even though i will never be a US citizen( Proud to be Australian) i will still defend this country when TSHTF as this is HOME and proud of it.

(Unless australia and the US go to war with each other and that is when the world turns to dust)
Ozziepom.

·
I help enlighten folks
16,624 Posts
how many even have a passport,,,LOL

Leave the US and go where exactly and why?

hahaha

·
Geriatric Gladiator
682 Posts
In looking for a location to head to if marshal law breaks out I would recommend someplace not easily accessible by car. Human nature being what it is and gov't employees being inherently lazy they won't want to round up a few dissident stragglers in the mountains or bayous when they have to get their lazy butts out of the vehicle and hump into 'Indian country', where they chance becoming the hunted themselves. They will police up the cities, towns and suburbs in my opinion.
It is also good to find a place with a good source of water, wild game, and cover and concealment. Just because you may be a little harder to find no use to advertise. And remember the unmanned drones the U.S. uses in the middle east can be just as easily used to find you once the resources are freed up. Low population density and difficulty in finding and apprehending are the factors we can have in our favor.

·
Scarred for life...
3,295 Posts
I think the powers that be have to pat themselves on the back for the fear most Americans have of foreign countries.

To hear most Americans say it, every foreign country is full of cockroaches and raw sewage, murders, rapes, disease and death everywhere.

I have to wonder how much of that is true and how much is fantasy put out there by people who don't want anyone to even consider moving out of this festering sheithole we call the USA.

I remember hearing of a large segment of Southerners settling in Argentina and Brazil after the Civil War. They speak English and for the most part govern themselves and from what I have heard live well. But to hear the media tell it, every woman in Argentina or Brazil is raped everyday and murder is an hourly occurrence...

·
Registered
100 Posts
I think the powers that be have to pat themselves on the back for the fear most Americans have of foreign countries.

To hear most Americans say it, every foreign country is full of cockroaches and raw sewage, murders, rapes, disease and death everywhere.

I have to wonder how much of that is true and how much is fantasy put out there by people who don't want anyone to even consider moving out of this festering sheithole we call the USA.
Go ahead and leave. That's the nice thing about America, there are no walls keeping you here. (Unless your in prison, then you have to stay.:taped:)

I've been to South America, nice to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there. America, good or bad, is my home.

But the truth is that unless your independenly wealthy, how are you going to live in a foreign country during a worldwide depression? If there is a food shortage, they will feed their own people first. No one will blink an eye if someon kills the evil American in revenge for any percieved wrong.

Seriously, I do want you to leave. You obviously hate it here and we will have enough hungry mouths to feed in this country soon.

·
Improvise Adapt Overcome!
12,005 Posts
I have been looking into various places in the Caribbean. I really think that central America could be a good place if you have plans to live off the land.

In my case, i'd like to get a sail boat, and live on board. Then I could dock wherever I please. For example, I could live in Florida untill hurricane season. Then sail down to Costa Rica below the 10 parallel, which is below the hurricane corridor untill the season is over, then come back to the US.

This would give me the advantage of being able to stay in the US all I want, but if SHTF I could be well out of harms way before anyone else even realizes how bad the situation is. I could wait it out till things settle down, and then come home.

The nice thing about Central America, Chocolate was invented there thousands of years ago. There are still villages of indigenous tribes that make primitive Chocolate foods. One is a primitive Liqueur I am dying to try!

·
Registered
12 Posts
has anyone decided to or planned on or actually left the us?i have been researching various regions and countries that one can emigrate to and there are advantages and drawbacks to every one.
i lived last year in thailand and the hassle of leaving every 2 months to stamp my tourist visa back in was a big hassle.the philippines allows their visas to just be stamped every 2 months for a small fee without having to leave and re-enter.the plus for those 2 countries is the very low cost of living and the women.
us citizens can stay in canada for 6 months out of the year but the 6 months one is back in the us could be the period that the collapse and martial law occurs.
did also live a year in waikiki hawaii 2 years ago basically just surfing and partying every day,and while i like the fact it is so far from the mainland,it is also heavily dependant on tourism,military welfare,and ships bringing in overpriced food.all my stainless mini-14s and berettas,my few hundred thousand rounds of ammo,and most of my survival supplies are in honolulu storage waiting for me to come back or ship to wherever i choose to move to.
i am trying to decide between seattle/vancouver or hawaii.anyone living in either places please feel free to provide advice.

I've lived both Hawaii (oahu 3 years) and the Seattle area, I pick neither, If your considering moving to Hawaii then you havent spent a lot of time there yet. The first year was great, but it's infested with meth & the locals hate you (if your white, military they hate even more), Seattle has very little appeal to me. I had the chance to move anywhere in the world I wanted when I got out of the Navy, of all the places I've been to, there is no place like home.

·
I have nothing to say
501 Posts
Friendship is a survival prep. I moved to a new place when I adopted the preparedness lifestyle mindset, but I set about making friends here ASAP. Unfortunately, my old home was just so unfortunately situated that no social network was really going to make much difference if a general situation of poverty came about.

I blend in very well in my new home. If you can blend in well, maybe emigrating is a good idea. If not... I sure wouldn't want to be the one foreigner in a new homeland if TSHTF.

·
Deo VIndice
6,108 Posts
Anyone that dosen't like it here in The USA, feel free to leave. That's one less person/family i have to worry about taking my preps when the SHTF. and one less I would have to fight.

Reactions: Levant

·
Registered
8,228 Posts
if we dont stand and fight NOW. it will not matter where you go ,they will get to that country sooner or later, by then all will be lost. right now we still got a chance but if you tuck your tail between your leggs and run, well you will deserve what you get :thumb: nobody wants this ,all of us want our gov to do the right thing, but that isnt reality,we all know it. its kinda like standing outside watching a VERY big storm rolling in you can feel the energy. we all know what is comming like it or not. the powers of evil are on the move. now is the time to pull your head out and smell the coffee, or forever be stuck.

·
Improvise Adapt Overcome!
12,005 Posts
if we dont stand and fight NOW. it will not matter where you go they will get to that country sooner or later by then all will be lost. right now we still got a chance but if you tuck your tail between your leggs and run well you will deserve what you get :thumb: nobody wants this all of us what our gov to do the right thing, but that isnt reality,we all know it. its kinda like standing outside watching a VERY big storm rolling in you can feel the energy. we all know what is comming like it or not. the powers of evil are on the move. now is the time to pull your head out and smell the coffee, or forever be stuck.
Reply]

·
Banned
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
good luck to those who want to stay and fight.the way american society is right now even before the collapse is not worth living in.when walmart shoppers trample workers to death for sales and there are shootouts at toys r us over cabbage patch dolls there is nothing left.i spent the last 20 years prepping and stockpiling but also travelled the world and built up my finances.
while i could hold off the looting rioting urban lowlifes for a period,any organized militias or federal jack-booted thugs would get you if they want to.
don't want to spend the rest of my life in a road warrior/dawn of the dead world.i realize most have families,homes,jobs,etc.,and can't just take up and leave,but i am a single guy with portable gold coins,gemstones,and foreign currencies as well as offshore liquid assets so have the freedom to leave the wasteland behind.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts