Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about buying several superpails from EE just to get my long term food supply kick-started. However, I have a question about the superpails. Are the metallic liners sealed?

The reason I ask is because the pictures on their website show "open" metallic liners, not sealed (see picture from their website below). I didn't know if this was just for showing the contents on the website or how the contents of their superpails are actually package. I did email EE directly and got a vague answer.

Form EE's website:

Thanks

·
Super Moderator and Walking Methane Refinery
67,168 Posts
Those metallic liners are mylar bags. You can buy mylar bags and O2 absorbers and make your own "superpails" for a lot less money. You can get the buckets cheaply, or even occasionally for free locally at various bakeries, delis, sandwich shops, donut shops, ice cream shops, fast food restaurants, etc.

And the best part is that you can size the bags so that several will fit in the bucket. That way when you open one for use, you didn't have to open all the food in the bucket.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Hey EE, I could never find it on the site, but what size are the O2 absorbers in those superpails?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
230 Posts
Hey EE, I could never find it on the site, but what size are the O2 absorbers in those superpails?

Thanks
Each SuperPail contains a 2000 cc absorber.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I make my own pails and order from EE. Decent service and decent products. I saw someone on here once ragging about the honey, but when I asked a local producer I found it was the same thing as EE was selling...so not sure what problem anyone would have with it.

·
workin on it......
1,110 Posts
I have bought a good bit from EE. Mostly their #10 cans. Great service, great monthly specials and excellent shipping cost.
Yep. Same here. I was going to get some more superpails but they were all back ordered LOL
I just buy a small amount every month on my CC and then pay it off.
IF they would only have stores this side of the Mississippi............:rolleyes::D:

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
I have ordered a lot from them. However, I like the superpails. If you don't have access to free pails, and you include the cost of the mylar and o2, they are fairly reasonable. About the same cost as doing it yourself if you got the wheat from them. I have gotten my wheat from different places when I can get it cheap, so I've done both, but have to say, it's nice being lazy and having it all done for you sometimes.
I don't know if the superpails are still on back order though.

·
ill prepared
336 Posts
I've ordered quite a bit from EE and i'm fairly pleased with their prices and service. My last order I asked them to turn the boxes inside out for better OPSEC and they didn't do it. The prices on their superpails are a mixed bag. Rice and sugar are cheaper if I do it myself, but living in Florida I have a hard time getting bulk wheat without shipping costs breaking the bank. For me, wheat is all-around much cheaper to get it from EE. Their powdered non-fat milk supposed to be one of the best tasting available so I bought 3...since all powdered milk pales in comparison to fresh 2% I figured I didn't have much to lose because I gotta have milk. All in all i'm satisfied enough to go back to them when I need something. I just wish I didn't have to order 400lbs just to get some superpails.:mad: !!

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Just got my six superpails and several #10 cans yesterday. Well packaged, super fast delivery, and you can't beat $12 shipping for the entire order. You can certainly pack up bulk foods yourself for less money and more work, but if you can't then EE is the least expensive and most covenient way to go in my opinion.

·
Hi HO Silver
585 Posts
We like all the items we have bought fro EE our only problem was you must ask each time to have the boxes not say Emergency Essentials, food storage... and other stuff I don't care to have the Fed Ex guy know I am getting. Also you will get a mailer each month, we like the mailer but now the mail man and everyone in the Post Office knows what I am doing.. Trust me the Postal employees LOOK and TALK about what you get in the mail...

Just let EE know not to send the mailer if you are a worry wort like us..

Every couple months we say, No that is still not enough lets order some more.. great company...

·
In memory of Rokitdog
14,951 Posts
I love EE becuase they back their products and are pretty quick at shipping. A pretty good selection with prices on par with most vendors! And once I sent to much money for an order, they sent me a refund! Very cool!

·
Looks like rain to me.
41,428 Posts
EE = great service and products. I've made several orders and shipping was prompt and the products were top notch.

Get a catalog and drool.

·
Registered
551 Posts
I have bought a good bit from EE. Mostly their #10 cans. Great service, great monthly specials and excellent shipping cost.
+1 They have an incredible service. You can call them and ask any question. I called and asked a few dumb questions and I got answers and no attitude.

If the girls who answer the phone are as cute as their voice, I wish I would have moved to Utah instead of Georgia....:D:

·
Geronimo!
4,053 Posts
I like EE a lot as well ... good service, good products. A great way to get started. There are several excellent suppliers around here and EE is definitely one of them.

Reactions: WTXD
1 - 20 of 25 Posts