Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have heard good things about Emergency Essentials, but my experience is making me look elsewhere. I recently did a small $100 order to sample some Mountain House stuff, (awesome by the way) but EE messed up and shorted the order as well as sent me peas instead of the green beans I ordered. I emailed customer service a week ago and got no response.

I was planning on putting in an order for $1000 following this order but now I am really concerned I will not get the correct order and the errors will be magnified, along with zero response from customer service (but sales is sending me ad emails every single day…). Anyone else having a bad experience with Emergency Essentials ?

Any better recommendations for $1000+ orders of Mountain House stuff ?

Since this posting I was both contacted by EE here on the forums and I spoke to customer service and the matter was handled both professionally and to my acceptance. I will be placing a much larger order with them soon.

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
The answer is on their web site

I have heard good things about Emergency Essentials, but my experience is making me look elsewhere. I recently did a small $100 order to sample some Mountain House stuff, (awesome by the way) but EE messed up and shorted the order as well as sent me peas instead of the green beans I ordered. I emailed customer service a week ago and got no response.

I was planning on putting in an order for $1000 following this order but now I am really concerned I will not get the correct order and the errors will be magnified, along with zero response from customer service (but sales is sending me ad emails every single day…). Anyone else having a bad experience with Emergency Essentials ?

Any better recommendations for $1000+ orders of Mountain House stuff ?
Directly from their website at beprepared.com
If you have concerns about an order you placed (damages, shipping issues, incorrect items shipped, etc.), the fastest way to get that fixed is to call us at 1-800-999-1863 during business hours (M-F 8-6, Sat 9-5 MST).

I have had great success with Emergency Essentials for over 7 years. I suggest that you call the toll-free number to correct the problem.

·
Super Moderator and Walking Methane Refinery
67,419 Posts
That's not like Emergency Essentials. They have some of the best customer service in the industry. I have dealt with them before and they always quickly make things right. I'd suspect an email problem somewhere. Call them instead.

·
ΙΧΘΥΣ
9,746 Posts
There is a site that advertises here on SB that is excellent. Safecastle.com is the website and the guy who posts here is JCRefuge. If you join their membership club (which they often offer for free), you get a discount off the prices listed on the website.

Anyway...just something to check out. I haven't ordered a lot from them, but have had great service when I have. I wish I had known about them before I had already bought the bulk of my stuff. (No, I'm not affiliated with them...don't know them...wasn't offered anything. :rofl: )

·
Registered
49 Posts
I made a large order with them before, several of the #10 cans came damaged beyond belief. I was going to send them back, I called several times no answer, left a detailed message, no response. And emailed as well never heard a word back from anyone.

·
Preparing
10,972 Posts
10+ years ago, Emergence Essentials shipping department was terrific but things changed and since then EVERY #10 can I've ordered has arrived dented because they stopped putting packing material around the merchandise when it is placed in the shipping box.

Customer Service by phone had always been helpful but insist dented cans are O.K. while I insist that if I buy a product new, it should not arrive dented. They always replace the damaged cans but why should I go through the hassle?

EE needs to fix the shipping problems.

I shop elsewhere now.

·
KOAD; FOAD; ESAD
7,607 Posts
They have always treated me great...only issue I have with them is if I order qnty, which I usually do, they hold my order if something is out of stock until it can all ship at once..sometimes that takes awhile so I tailor my orders...they are terrific to deal with

·
Registered
34,722 Posts
There is a site that advertises here on SB that is excellent. Safecastle.com is the website and the guy who posts here is JCRefuge. If you join their membership club (which they often offer for free), you get a discount off the prices listed on the website.

Anyway...just something to check out. I haven't ordered a lot from them, but have had great service when I have. I wish I had known about them before I had already bought the bulk of my stuff. (No, I'm not affiliated with them...don't know them...wasn't offered anything. :rofl: )

I never miss an oportunity to advise people to NEVER order from safecastle as they screwed ALL of us with MH by leading the charge to block direct sales and FORCE us to use venders like them.

We were doing group buys and I was getting MH for ~$1 serving before they screwed us all.

I will NEVER give them a DIME! And I encourage you to show them what happens when they screw their customer base.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I've used EE a lot lately with no problems at all. No dented cans etc...although I wonder when it will happen because of the way they pack the boxes. Keep in mind if you order one of the year supplies (or any combo pack for that matter), they will substitute at their discretion if anything in the combo is out of stock.

·
Registered
344 Posts
I never miss an oportunity to advise people to NEVER order from safecastle as they screwed ALL of us with MH by leading the charge to block direct sales and FORCE us to use venders like them.

We were doing group buys and I was getting MH for ~$1 serving before they screwed us all.

I will NEVER give them a DIME! And I encourage you to show them what happens when they screw their customer base.
WOW! Do you have a link showing how this situation transpired? Guess I'll shop elsewhere then.

10+ years ago, Emergence Essentials shipping department was terrific but things changed and since then EVERY #10 can I've ordered has arrived dented because they stopped putting packing material around the merchandise when it is placed in the shipping box.

Customer Service by phone had always been helpful but insist dented cans are O.K. while I insist that if I buy a product new, it should not arrive dented. They always replace the damaged cans but why should I go through the hassle?

EE needs to fix the shipping problems.

I shop elsewhere now.
Dented cans are A O.K.? That is unacceptable. Sounds like they cheap out on the packing material.

·
Registered
34,722 Posts
No link, it happened real time with the broadsword group buys, there's a few around who remember those (they were HUGE, us all working together... really ****ed off some who were out for themselves.)

I'm sure you'll find links if your Google Foo is better than mine, but it's been years. I haven't forgotten, nor will I

·
ΙΧΘΥΣ
9,746 Posts
Nomad, 2nd, I can understand why you would be upset and want to hold someone responsible for losing out on the discount, but I suspect that what happen was that MH's vendor agreement required people to have a storefront via e-commerce or brick and mortar store and that SC demanded that MH abide by the agreement they made with SC and their other vendors.

When I was in business back before the dot com bubble, the vendor agreements I signed pretty much all required the vendor to have a going concern. Why would anyone invest in the costs of starting a business in which everyone can get the discount price by ordering in bulk?

I don't know if it is the same today, but it used to be the standard. <shrugs> I'm sorry for your loss, but I don't see how that makes SC the bad guy. Anyway...order from them or don't...IDC. I was just tossing out a reliable source that I have used as requested by the OP.

·
KOAD; FOAD; ESAD
7,607 Posts

I remember when MH did that...Didnt know SC was part of it though...That screwed a lot of people who were trying to save money...They wont b getting any of mine..thnx👍

Reactions: Nomad 2nd

·
Get off my lawn!
4,549 Posts
I've ordered from EE a few times over the years, always small (<$150) orders but never had any issues to speak of. Once a can of butter was dented so I called their toll free number and the lady commented that those specific cans of butter did dent easily. She said that while the product was probably fine she was going to send another no charge, which they did.

·
Closed for the Season.
15,784 Posts
I have had no problems with EE. Just got a case of rice from them and all the cans were dent free. I try to buy in normal case sizes to prevent shipping damage.

Off topic alert: I just got the Oct. catalog from EE yesterday. I am amazed how diverse of LTS foods they now carry for sale. There is no question the interest in having prep supplies must be at all time high to afford such variety.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I've ordered many times over the years from Emergency Essentials and only one time did I get dented cans. I called them, emailed them photos and they replaced them at no cost to me. I've never had a problem with their customer service or shipping times.

They have a sale going right now and I just placed two orders this past week.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts