Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. So, i have problems when it comes to buying stuff. Especially when it's more than a couple of bucks. I'm looking for a new bag that can handle cold weather when we're camping. It'll primarily be used in a base camp environment or a relatively easy hike in but, i'd still like the ability to pack it should the desire to cover some ground arise. My problem is that i obsess over the smallest details and end up not being able to make a decision. So, I'm hoping you guys could help me out. Which one of the three packs would you go with and why?

Kelty Cosmic 0
The North Face Elkhorn 0
Marmot Trestles 0

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I get a horrible allergic reaction to down. So, synthetic is really my only option. I think? Unfortunately, we don't have an REI anywhere near us :( so that makes it tough to try them out. We've got a few backpacking shops around but, they're limited in selection. I liked the Marmot but, I just don't think I'd like the way the collar area wraps around. On non freezing nights, it would be nice to have my neck/head area more exposed for comfort. Maybe I'm making more out of this than I need to. All of their specs are practically the same. And the makers are all high quality (again, I think?) so, is it really just close my eyes and pick?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
lmao i have a good friend just like you this kinda of stuff drives him nuts
don't get down you will get bumps
so go with the cheaper synthetic
and we are done:thumb:
You should have seen me picking out a tent.....not good. I was up to all hours of the night searching forums, reviews, articles. I think this is how those guys who do all the gear reviews start out. You can't pick just one so you get a bunch to "try" them out.

And, your solution doesn't help...all three choices are synthetic. :) (nevermind...i get it...the cheapest one, duh)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
don't even get me started on knives. I've got on this kick with Busse knives. I don't think it's going to go away. Sometimes, these "obsessions" fade away after I've oversaturated my brain with info. I don't see it going away in this case. I'm hooked. They're expensive. And there are tons of models.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I wish it could be that easy. I guess i just need to keep telling myself it is. My wife has decided on the Marmot but I think I'm going to go with The North Face.........although.......i'm not sure which has the better shell. It's hard to tell based on the product descriptions.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.