Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Preparing for tomorrow
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Good article about thoughts from Senator Coburn.

Economic Woes May Destroy Middle Class, Sen. Coburn Warns. "Apocalyptic pain" from an out-of-control debt could cause 18 percent unemployment and a massive contraction in the economy that would destroy the middle class, a leading Republican deficit hawk said in an interview that aired Sunday.

"The history of republics is they average 200 years of life. And they all fail in the history over fiscal matters. They rot from within before they collapse or are attacked," Coburn told "Fox News Sunday."

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/12/26/coburn-control-government-spending-face-apocalyptic-pain/?test=latestnews

http://video.foxnews.com/#/v/4474926/sen-tom-coburn-on-fns/?playlist_id=87937

·
WINNING...humbly
3,704 Posts
I am with this Senator. It's pretty simple. The longer we wait to address the problem, the stronger the medicine we will have to take. The stronger the medicine we take the worse the side effects will be.

Everyone is going to get it, that's for sure. The question is when and how much.

·
Prepared Firebird
3,842 Posts
Where the heck has this guy been?? He is just now waking up to the fact that the middle class of America (what there is left of it, after being hammered by the 1-2 punch of job loss and home foreclosures).......is already on the ropes???

Typical clueless politician. Totally oblivious to anything except his own luxurious lifestyle.

The middle class is like a battered and bloody boxer........trying to stagger out for the last round on wobbly legs. We all know how this fight is going to end.

·
RESET CONGRESS!!
9,462 Posts
Any chance that out 'leaders' at the federal level will make the hard decisions needed?
Noooooooooooo.
They are all talk, and zero action.
Unless,.. that action involves chipping away at the Constitution and our rights.

·
Outdoorsman and Hunter
1,177 Posts
The best defense against being a middle class shadow on the wall after the nuclear bomb goes off from the accumulation of our debt is to stay as independent as possible, which means...

Food
Water
Guns
Bullets
Ability to produce your own food, i.e. land, seeds, cattle, etc.
PMs

and being debt free. Government hates people that don't "need" help and if you had all of the above you wouldn't need a whole lot of help.

·
Registered
9 Posts
It's going to take more than "eliminating waste" as the Senator says.

It's going to require less services. Plain and simple. SS, Medicare and defense are ~60% of the federal budget.

If someone isn't willing to cut those things, they're not serious about getting the fiscal house in order.

·
Survivor
25 Posts
The middle class is screwed

The middle class is already bankrupt they just don't know it yet. $300,000+ dollars of debt on their house worthless house, multiple car loans, no savings, useless trinkets from China, and no real job prospects.

The worst part of it all is most people in the middle class won't admit the economy is collapsing and refuses to make any preparations. It's very sad to watch this unfold.

·
Registered
144 Posts
The middle class is already bankrupt they just don't know it yet. $300,000+ dollars of debt on their house worthless house, multiple car loans, no savings, useless trinkets from China, and no real job prospects.

The worst part of it all is most people in the middle class won't admit the economy is collapsing and refuses to make any preparations. It's very sad to watch this unfold.
It appears from this post someone else has seen the folly that some have shown with their opportunities. Unfortunately along with the waste is the limited opportunities to move into the middle class. It makes me wonder if the classification is too wide, perhaps too many were "borrowed money".

I have read that the Chinese Middle Class is considered to be 300 million. Perhaps we need to have the products this new middle class wants to be able to save our own.

·
Μολὼν λαβ
596 Posts
So people who were part of the last generation who helped get us into this situation are now the new speakers of the truth? Sounds like someone is just tooting a different tune off the same horn on the old bandwagon.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Wish I could double thanks this.

That's the object of this exercise, control of the people. Those that won't allow themselves to be controlled will be destroyed.
I would rather be destroyed than be controlled by tyranny. If it comes down to it, I will take a bullet as a patriot that believes in freedom and American exceptionalism rather than exist in Obama's world of government control. That is what I believe. I love the motto: LIVE FREE OR DIE.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts