Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 18915 Posts

·
Grevcon 10
16,039 Posts
The most common ebola virus has a 90% mortality rate. That alone is terrifying. It's one of the very few diseases that actually could cause TEOTWAWKI if it became just a little bit easier to spread.

It already has a 2 week incubation period. No problem traveling with it to anywhere in the world, and even then everyone would just mistake the early stages for influenza or norovirus. We could already have a massive pandemic spread before the first diagnosis was made.

Influenza pandemics suck and make for a miserable time for everyone but the mortality rate of even the worst flu is very low. 1-2%.

·
Ultranationalist
12,877 Posts
Some things to know about Ebola... The quick onset of severe symptoms means competent medical personnel will be able to spot and quarantine the affected. The virus is not airborne. It's spread by direct contact will blood or fluids of an affected person, or by sexual contact. Also, once Ebola is contracted, the subject becomes significantly less likely to travel far (or at all), which greatly mitigates the spread of the disease.

Ebola has only been able to cause significant crises in countries that have sub-standard medical systems. All of this is why I believe Ebola will not even get close to causing TEOTWAWKI.

·
Super Duper Moderator. I'm helping!
9,540 Posts
Some things to know about Ebola... The quick onset of severe symptoms means competent medical personnel will be able to spot and quarantine the affected. The virus is not airborne. It's spread by direct contact will blood or fluids of an affected person, or by sexual contact. Also, once Ebola is contracted, the subject becomes significantly less likely to travel far (or at all), which greatly mitigates the spread of the disease.

Ebola has only been able to cause significant crises in countries that have sub-standard medical systems. All of this is why I believe Ebola will not even get close to causing TEOTWAWKI.
The way it stands right now, you are probably right. Those pesky viruses mutant, though, and we (as in the human race) could be in for a world of hurt ...

·
Wile E Coyote, Genius.
34,804 Posts
I read the Hot Zone a while back also. I was amazed that the reason they said it could be contained was that it always seemed to hit in remote villages and would kill the patients before they could spread it to other villages.
It was too deadly a disease to spread well.

It seemed to mutate each time it surfaced. there was the airborne strain that only affected monkeys. The human strains didn't go airborne yet. Hopefully it stays that way.

We may not be so lucky this time. I thought I saw an article saying they thought it cropped up in another place as well.
Hopefully they have locked down all travel in those areas.

Ultra scary.

·
Wile E Coyote, Genius.
34,804 Posts
The most common ebola virus has a 90% mortality rate. That alone is terrifying. It's one of the very few diseases that actually could cause TEOTWAWKI if it became just a little bit easier to spread.

It already has a 2 week incubation period. No problem traveling with it to anywhere in the world, and even then everyone would just mistake the early stages for influenza or norovirus. We could already have a massive pandemic spread before the first diagnosis was made.

Influenza pandemics suck and make for a miserable time for everyone but the mortality rate of even the worst flu is very low. 1-2%.
I don't think it has a long incubation period. 72 hours and dead. that was always cited as one of the reasons it was contained in the past. That and the fact it never went airborne. But it mutates a little each time it resurfaces.

Edit: Sorry, maybe it does have a longer incubation period. My previous statement was from reading the book 15 years ago.
Recent articles say it incubates for a week or longer.

But the disease seems to change every time it resurfaces. past experience may not predict future performance.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Almost all virus are prevented or cured with Vitamin C (ascorbic acid).
One to 20 grams depending on age and health. Research internet:
'Dr F R Klenner' cured almost every disease known in this country, including 60 of 60 cases of polio on 1949 and 1950.
I have not had a cold or flu in over 50 years Klenner Quote:
“ White blood cells without vitamin C are like soldiers without bullets. …dez...

·
Wile E Coyote, Genius.
34,804 Posts
Almost all virus are prevented or cured with Vitamin C (ascorbic acid).
One to 20 grams depending on age and health. Research internet:
'Dr F R Klenner' cured almost every disease known in this country, including 60 of 60 cases of polio on 1949 and 1950.
I have not had a cold or flu in over 50 years Klenner Quote:
“ White blood cells without vitamin C are like soldiers without bullets. …dez...
I sure wouldn't want to test that theory with Ebola , but for sure Vit C is important. Dr. Linus Pauling used to eat a few grams of it a day.
i would add copper and iodine to the list of very useful supplements. (along with the normal vitamins and mineral.)

·
Registered
947 Posts
Make sure you have a ultrasonic nebulizer and a coolmist humidifier with colloidal silver to put into it! The colloidal silver/ionic silver in the room air will kill virus/bacteria in the room air and the nebulizer can give a solid silver punch right to the lungs. My wife has not had an upper resp infection since using silver in the nebulizer.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Make sure you have a ultrasonic nebulizer and a coolmist humidifier with colloidal silver to put into it! The colloidal silver/ionic silver in the room air will kill virus/bacteria in the room air and the nebulizer can give a solid silver punch right to the lungs. My wife has not had an upper resp infection since using silver in the nebulizer.
Where did you get yours?

1 - 20 of 18915 Posts