Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Put it on a hook,drop in a stream,catch a trout,eat the trout instead.
Not instead ALSO. Part of survival is learning not to pass up food especially quality protein. Take what you can get when you can get it stuff yourself if your ever that lucky! That is what I always say anyways. :thumb:

·
Registered
18,814 Posts
Been thru a few Army survival schools-----looks yummy to me. Humungus is correct, the majority of the grubs/maggots are edible.
I have eaten most of them raw or cooked, but I perfer deep fried grub worms & ants over maggots.

·
Registered
104 Posts
You eat the bugs,and I'll eat the rainbow trout.No,you can't have a bite.
Situation it's late afternoon time to build a shelter it's going to be a cold possibly wet night. I have been lucky enough to find a good food source a food source which requires little effort on my part (minimal calorie output) one which requires no cooking if i choose one which leaves me more time to construct a better shelter and gather firewood at the same time. Now I could put precious time aside to try to catch a fish which mind you is not guaranteed by no means but time dictates fire and shelter first and this is a survival site so we must survive by whatever means. I'm hungry real hungry and as good as that trout sounds and I just love trout I'll will look forward to catching a few in the morning if I can even find a river. Just think of the grubs as bite sized lobster or crawdads and enjoy! Yes you can have some. ;)

·
Registered
104 Posts
You're in Minnesota...how can you NOT find a place to catch fish?
What if I'm on a vacation or if were talking other than myself? Rivers are not a problem here that goes without saying. We don't always have the choice bro keeping an open mind could save your life someday a closed mind is a terrible waste. GL :thumb:

·
Registered
104 Posts
There are probably 10 different edible plants right around where you found that thing, and all taste much, much, much better.
They may but none contain any protein. ;)
Seems this thread is wondering off topic sorry. The man just wanted to know if they are edible, they are. As far as taste that is most always a personal preference as long as they don't taste like liver, YUCK! LOL

·
Watchin tha world go by
8,151 Posts
yea but not too many plants (cept maybe sulpher shelf) have near tha protein.
brightly colored bugs however are usually toxic/poisionous.

cover em in honey - you wont taste tha bug- and swollow dont chew.

·
Space Cowboy
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
which leaves me more time to construct a better shelter and gather firewood at the same time. Now I could put precious time aside to try to catch a fish

And considering I found these lil' morsels <B>IN</B> the firewood. There were A LOT of them, I could have eaten them and used em' for bait!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts