Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I use a mask for a store or two until they get a little wet. Then switch to a new one. I date the used mask and when I get home I hang them to dry. I have enough masks in reserve were I don't have to reuse the previous mask for 20 days or more if I wore a couple mask daily. In that time any virus would die.

And in reality I'm not using masks every day. I'm just going out a couple time's a week for short trips. So maybe I wont reuse previously used mask for many months.

If I had UV I'd use that as well for extra insurance. You can microwave masks possibly, but have not tried it. Some people use sun, but they may blow away unless tied down. If you have a shallow display case like they use at swap meets I guess you could bake masks in the sun in it.

All I got is an old box of surgical masks that did not sell from a yard sale I had back in the 90's. So am grateful for finding them. If and when the n95's come back into supply I will switch to them.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
If you can get to a Home Depot they sell an ultravoilet (black light) tube already mounted in the electrical base for around 10 bux. I have one in the attic. Thats actually a good idea I hadn't thought of.

·
Crazy Cat Lady
Plan to Alamo at home.
16,754 Posts
I have a sunny window. I go out once a week, come home, spread mask out on windowsill, leave it for a week. I have a couple masks so rotating them like that.

I am OK with them but I am not crazy about the fogging my glasses, makes it hard to see.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts