Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
now we all know this is a very important thing to have in a SHTF scenario/ end of the world. Is there any way to get some good antibiotics that are either acquired from the environment or that i can get without a prescription? i bsed a sinus infection for some to keep in my kit, but they will expire sometime i assume, and i cant just keep doing that. any ideas people? end of the world i could raid a pharmacy, but if i need some when trapped on a mountainside to fight an infection?

·
Registered
122 Posts
now we all know this is a very important thing to have in a SHTF scenario/ end of the world. Is there any way to get some good antibiotics that are either acquired from the environment or that i can get without a prescription? i bsed a sinus infection for some to keep in my kit, but they will expire sometime i assume, and i cant just keep doing that. any ideas people? end of the world i could raid a pharmacy, but if i need some when trapped on a mountainside to fight an infection?

Goldenseal tincture
Grapefruit seed extract (will need some kind of juice to mix in or it burns mouth, but good stuff)
raw garlic or capsules (raw better)
Colloidal silver (learn how to use safely though and get from high quality source)

·
I have nothing to say
501 Posts
Colloidal silver is snake oil. I'm sorry, but all it does is turn you into a smurf.

The best precautions against sickness are to wash your hands frequently, never touch your face, disinfect anything that touches your face with alcohol wipes (waiting ten minutes before using anything disinfected with alcohol), using triple antibiotic on any cuts, boiling your water, practicing safe sex, and not letting pets lick your face.

Please do not use garlic extract for anything other than repelling vampires.

·
Scarred for life...
3,295 Posts
Colloidal silver is snake oil. I'm sorry, but all it does is turn you into a smurf.

The best precautions against sickness are to wash your hands frequently, never touch your face, disinfect anything that touches your face with alcohol wipes (waiting ten minutes before using anything disinfected with alcohol), using triple antibiotic on any cuts, boiling your water, practicing safe sex, and not letting pets lick your face.

Please do not use garlic extract for anything other than repelling vampires.

1) Colloidal Silver is not snake oil. The FDA still classifies it as a drug with antibiotic properties.

2) Colloidal Silver is deadly to at least 650 different pathogenic organisms, while most prescription oral antibiotics work against at best a dozen. In fact Colloidal Silver is a deadly poison to any one celled organism.

3) Prior to the 1980's when the FDA mandated that these remedies could not be recommended, there was a plethora of research into the benefits of CS.

4) Here are just a few quotes from articles that appeared in various medical journals of the day.

"Our Mightiest Germ Fighter"

"Thanks to eye-opening research, silver is emerging as a wonder of modern medicine. An antibiotic kills perhaps a half-dozen different disease organisms, but silver kills some 650. Resistant strains fail to develop. Moreover, silver is virtually non-toxic to anything but one celled organisms".

"Silver is the best all-around germ fighter we have."

5) The pharmaceutical industry has good reason to want us to forget about colloidal silver as they make Billions selling us various drugs that work faster and in some cases better.

6) Colloidal Silver is eliminated from the body slowly and it completely leaves within 21 days in normal adults. Therefore a small daily dose will maintain a low level of CS in the body. This is nowhere near enough to turn you blue. That would take many thousands of times more CS than you could get from a tablespoon per day.

7) Not sure if you are saying all garlic is bad or just garlic extract. Garlic is high in sulfur which when ingested creates an environment where viruses and bacteria find it hard to get a foothold and reproduce. You can still get a cold when you eat garlic, but it will not be nearly as bad as before.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks guys, i forgot all about the antibiotics of cs.

i wont be packing garlic or grapefruit extract though as the girlfriend is allergic to both of them, so thats right out. see she gets sick way more than i do so im more in it for her, i hardly ever get sick and i dont see a doc, i just get over it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
If you are planning to take a trip out of the country (someplace like South America, Africa etc) your local doctor may give you perscriptions for common aliments...maybe you could stockup for a little while. They may want to give you some shots as well, so be careful!

·
Prepared
15,924 Posts
Tea tree oil

Tea tree oil is supposed to be very potent. You can get it over the counter, at health food stores, etc. but it's expensive.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Does colloidal silver work on anerobic bacteria? How about staph?

·
Registered
579 Posts
Hi JACQUE C.

You asked.........
“Does colloidal silver work on anerobic bacteria? How about staph?”
I have been making my own and using it for years.

Sure enough, if you “drink it” all the time, your skin will turn blue, but my family and I, only use it when we need to, and then just 2 or 3 spoon-fulls a day for a week or two. We have been using it for 9 years now, and we are still the same color.

I can personally verify that it works on, (Sinus infections), (Ear infections), (Pink eye), (Bladder infections), (Most flu bugs), and (cuts & scratches).

It does not work on (Athletes foot) & (the common cold).

I have never tried it on “anerobic bacteria or staph?”, but it couldn’t hurt to try.
--------------------------------------------------
By the way, what does work on Athletes foot, is the following:

(Take a 16oz. bottle of regular rubbing alcohol:) & (Drop about 30 aspirin tablets in it.)
After a few hours, the aspirin will dissolve, and it is ready to use.

Every day, just before putting on your shoes in the morning and as soon as you take them off at night, moisten a washrag with some of the alcohol, and apply it to your feet.

The aspirin kills the fungus, and the alcohol is the delivery system, that get it into your skin, and it works fast.

Note: Be sure and shake the bottle of alcohol, each time before you use it.

·
Registered
140 Posts
so you could pretty much count on this to work on the flu and sinus infections? Thats great!I still would like to know if it would work on anaerobic bacteria(you know the stuff like gain greene and staph) so I will know whether to stock up on this stuff. Also where on earth do you get the stuff?

·
Registered
579 Posts
Hi JACQUE C.

You asked.......
“Where on earth do you get the stuff?”

I have never used “store bought” colloidal silver, but I did see it for sale at “Wild Oats” and “the Vitamin cottage”, and places like that, but it is expensive.

I have always made my own, with some “pure silver” wire, and some DC electrical current.
===================================================================
How to make Colloidal Silver

(1) From a jeweler, buy 1 or 2 feet of “pure” silver wire(about 1/8" thick):

(2) Cut two pieces of wire, about 6" long:

(3) Place distilled water(8-12 oz), into a tall clear glass(and add 1/8 teaspoon of salt):

(4) Insert the two silver rods, on opposite sides of the glass, and crimp them just over the top edge of the glass;

(5) Now you need some electricity:
(Most of my friends use one to three, 9vt. batteries, producing 9-27vt. DC)
But I use a 36vt. DC transformer.

(6) Attach alligator clips to the positive and negative wires, of what ever you are using for power, and attach each clip to the top of the silver rods(to the part that is crimped over the edge of the glass):
(Make sure the silver wires in the glass, are not touching each other.)
Now turn on the power!

(7) You will notice, that one of the silver rods is bubbling(this is normal);
(This is the rod, that is placing the microscopic silver, in to the water.)
Note: Reverse this polarity of the rods each time, so they will be equally used.

(8) Depending of the amount of current and amps your using, it will take from 5 to 30 minutes to make a batch of Colloidal Silver.

(9) Keep watching, and you will see the water start to get cloudy.(This is why you use a clear glass)
This cloud, is the billions of silver particles, that are being produced.
-I sometimes place something dark, behind the glass, to judge how think the cloud is getting.-

(10) When the cloud is about as thick as a glass of tea(but it won’t be colored at all), you can shut off the power:

(11) Now carefully remove the silver rods(so as not to dislodge any of the silver oxide from the rods):
(The rods should be washed and lightly cleaned with a scouring pad, until all lose material is removed.)
-Then stored away for the next use:- (I use a zip lock bag)
(After repeated use, the rods will get thinner (You can make 50-75 batches from one set of rods.)

(12) Now your finished:
Pour the colloidal silver, into another container, filtering it as you pour, using a coffee filter:
(To remove any larger silver oxide, that fell from the rods.)

(13) Store your colloidal silver in a “dark colored” glass container, until needed!
(It has an very long shelf life.)

It does not have to be shaken before use, because the silver is microscopic, and will not settle to the bottom.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Thanks for the information.:D:I think I will try this the next time I get a bug. It sounds well worth the effort:thumb:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Tea tree oil is supposed to be very potent. You can get it over the counter, at health food stores, etc. but it's expensive.
From what I remember tee tree oil is toxic if ingested and is recommended for external use like shampoo and skin treatments. It is antibacterial, antifungal, and antiseptic (just dont swallow it).

I have heard of people using enzyme treatments for viral infection like strep throat. I dont know too much about but may be something to look into.

·
Little Big Man
92 Posts
If you need anti biotics for non human use you can get stuff online real easy, just search for aquafish or "fish mox".

·
Wild Edibles Expert
10,167 Posts
Learn to identify Usnea

Usnea is a lichen found around the world. It can be used directly on wounds to reduce or prevent infections (a use backed by modern medicine.) It is even effective against gangrene. It is also good internally as a tincture against gamma A bacterial infections and as decoctions/teas can be used to irrigate wounds and as a douche et cetera.

Read up on it, ID it -- there is a fool proof ID element. You will never be without an antibiotic. It is found in most areas on all kinds of trees. I have a video about it and an article at my website.

And, if you soak it (to get the usnic acid for other uses) you can eat it since it is nearly 96% carbs.

·
Prepared
15,924 Posts
Tea tree oil again

From what I remember tee tree oil is toxic if ingested and is recommended for external use like shampoo and skin treatments. It is antibacterial, antifungal, and antiseptic (just dont swallow it).

I have heard of people using enzyme treatments for viral infection like strep throat. I dont know too much about but may be something to look into.
Yeah, I don't know what the difference is between those properties and antibiotic (mainly nomenclature?). But I've heard the same thing -- external only. Also, it can cause skin blistering if you don't dilute it.

I've heard good things about honey (google for 'propolis') and garlic, but have no first-hand evidence. The FDA seems to only judge prescription drug statements. If it's free, widely available or OTC, they never seem to give it their 'blessing.' So you never quite know whether something is a useless folk/new-age remedy or if it actually works unless you've got a source you can trust.

·
Endure-Adapt-Overcome
332 Posts
I use Oil of Oregano and Colloidal Silver. They both work well, CS in the Gel form works great for skin problems like sun burn, rashes, cuts, scrapes and bug bites. Tea tree oil is great to you just need to use as directed, you can not use it in full strength on tender skin, like the face.
I stand by Oil of Oregano.

What is Oil of Oregano?
Numerous university studies have shown that Oil of Oregano is a highly potent purifier that provides many benefits for human health. Oil of Oregano is a natural substance that is extracted from wild oregano plants, and two key compounds found in it are carvacrol and thymol. Studies have shown that both of these compounds have significant effects on harmful microorganisms that cause many illnesses in humans.

It is important not to confuse Oil of Oregano with common oregano that is used as a spice for cooking. Common oregano is typically Origanum Marjoram, while Oil of Oregano is derived from Origanum Vulgare.

Oil of Oregano can be purchased as either a liquid or as capsules/tablets. In both forms, it is important to verify that the oil is derived from the proper potent oregano plant, and that the carvacrol concentration is at least 70%.

What are the Benefits of Oil of Oregano?
The ancient Greeks were one of the first people to recognize oregano oil for its health benefits and medicinal qualities. It is known to be a potent antiviral, antibacterial, antifungal, and antiparasitic oil that can reduce pain and inflammation and effectively fight off infections.

Some of the specific benefits of Oil of Oregano are:
Destroying organisms that contribute to skin infections and digestive problems.
Strengthening the immune system.
Increasing joint and muscle flexibility.
Improving respiratory health.

What are the Side Effects of Oil of Oregano?
While Oil of Oregano has many benefits, there are a few possible side effects:
Oregano oil may reduce the body's ability to absorb iron. Therefore, it is recommended that any regular use be combined with regular consumption of iron supplements. For this reason, pregnant women are advised not to take Oil of Oregano regularly.
People that have allergies to thyme, basil, mint, or sage may be sensitive to Oil of Oregano as well, since they are in the same family of plants. If any skin irritation, rashes, or vomiting occurs when using it, it is recommended that you discontinue use and consult your doctor.

This info was found at http://www.homeremediesweb.com/oil_of_oregano_health_benefits.php

I buy my Tea Tree oil, Oil of Oregano and Colloidal Silver from Survival Enterprises> http://www.se1.us/

·
I have nothing to say
501 Posts
Does colloidal silver work on anerobic bacteria? How about staph?
It's snake oil. Go to a doctor and get an antibiotic for anaerobic bacteria infections. Same with staph infections.

You can go to a clinic and see a family nurse practitioner for about $50 and get a prescription for amoxicillin for $4. Using antibiotics isn't "giving in to the Man," it's just basic health care.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts