Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Banned
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Perfect co-witness with the standard sights, no modifications and works great. Ali express is the place to shop the complete dot rig set me back 21 us including shipping.

·
Comic, not your lawyer!
14,042 Posts
It's interesting, that's for sure. Hanging out there.

My concern is that it doesn't have any windage security, meaning that vibrations from firing could easily cause it to shift laterally; or even bumping it, would knock it way off and then you'd have to address it and be unable to accurately fire until you "reset" it. Or just took it off and used irons.

·
Banned
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've had that on there for well over a year, no problems whatsoever.

You don't need to take it off to use the irons.

Many people have said that it's a long way away, but it's not as far away as the front sight.

·
Banned
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
How many rounds has it seen? It'll be much more telling a 1000 or so.
I think around 600 with that red dot. I don't expect it to last forever but I'm impressed with the performance so far, if it stops working I will just get another one. At $20 including shipping I will not lose any sleep over it.

·
Banned
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I just mounted a Burris on my Russian one. It will certainly work but can not be co-witnessed with the Iron sights unless you want to zero in at 800.

·
living in the desert
444 Posts
What happens when the barrel gets hot?
I dunno...why not just get a cheap reciever cover with a rail or a gas tube with a rail

·
Banned
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
What happens when the barrel gets hot?
I dunno...why not just get a cheap reciever cover with a rail or a gas tube with a rail
When the barrel gets hot it gets hot, nothing else happens.

Receiver cover and gas tube rails do not hold zero, and they have to be removed and reinstalled every time the rifle is cleaned.

With this system the rifle works exactly as it was designed to work.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts