Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Survival Actual
4,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
if you look at that same website and go to by state history you will see that they say that Montana is one of the most active states, so I guess it is normal. Never knew that myself, so cool that I learned something new today....
I just never seen the little yellow square up there before, or at least i didn't notice one till today. :upsidedown:

·
Registered
2,325 Posts
I suppose its close proximity to the Yellowstone Caldera might have something to do with the activity. I don't think there is a truly safe place out there anymore, in nature, with all the disruptions we've been having.

Colorado has been called the state with two climates this year- Too much snow melt in many places, causing flooding, and drought in the areas that didn't get snow.

We don't seem to get many earthquakes though. At least not sizable ones.

·
Registered
558 Posts
What is normal, brings the question, what is normal? Human recorded history only goes back
5-7 thousand years. Weight that against the history of the planet and its nothing.

·
Time to reap has come
3,885 Posts
Normal in the state but not that area to much. seems to be spreading out. I am a frequent map quake watcher and that is just personal opinion. Thanks for bringing to our attention. We are starting to see qaukes around the world that are not considered common but do happen. New Zealand is a big one that was a surprise.

·
Time to reap has come
3,885 Posts
What is normal, brings the question, what is normal? Human recorded history only goes back
5-7 thousand years. Weight that against the history of the planet and its nothing.
You are correct. But the earth has cycles and cycles peak.

·
Time to reap has come
3,885 Posts
I suppose its close proximity to the Yellowstone Caldera might have something to do with the activity. I don't think there is a truly safe place out there anymore, in nature, with all the disruptions we've been having.

Colorado has been called the state with two climates this year- Too much snow melt in many places, causing flooding, and drought in the areas that didn't get snow.

We don't seem to get many earthquakes though. At least not sizable ones.
Colorado is a rare quake state. But I have takin notice to the couple this last few months. Colorado is of interest to me greatly. Many reasons for that. Sorry to here of the issues with flooding etc. Just I think a couple of years ago or so they was worried about not enough snow for the skii slopes and now this.

·
Survival Actual
4,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Normal in the state but not that area to much. seems to be spreading out. I am a frequent map quake watcher and that is just personal opinion. Thanks for bringing to our attention. We are starting to see qaukes around the world that are not considered common but do happen. New Zealand is a big one that was a surprise.
I watch the USGS map alot also. I have never seen a quake up there that i can remember. Then again, my state (delaware) only has tiny quakes maybe once every couple years.

·
Hunter-gatherer
1,762 Posts
We had one in north-central Illinois last year in an area that's never had one before. And on New Year's Eve there was one N.E. of Indianapolis. Seems like quakes are popping up in alot of areas they never have before.

Personally I had no idea Montana even had quakes so this was a real shock to me. Another thing to keep an eye on.

·
Registered
6,860 Posts
Colorado is a rare quake state. But I have takin notice to the couple this last few months. Colorado is of interest to me greatly. Many reasons for that. Sorry to here of the issues with flooding etc. Just I think a couple of years ago or so they was worried about not enough snow for the skii slopes and now this.
Little unknown fact, but Colorado and most of the mountain states are full of fault lines.

http://www.cdphe.state.co.us/hm/rad/rml/energyfuels/preap/07docs/07earthquake.pdf

1 - 12 of 12 Posts