Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 138 Posts

·
I have control issues
6,110 Posts
Unfortunately, this kind of BS goes on constantly at schools around the country. Meanwhile, the TRULY dangerous kids are in school bullying and harming other students and GETTING AWAY WITH IT while school officials look the other way! THis is what happens when so-called "zero tolerance policies" get put into place...all common sense goes straight out the window.

·
Registered
4,497 Posts
I hope to goodness that whoever did this to him gets stuck in the wilderness sometime soon, woefully unprepared.

And then, just for irony, a rabbit knocks itself out right infront of them, but they cant eat it cos they dont have a knife to skin it (yes, i know they could just throw it on the fire and burn all the fur off, but lets pretend they dont know that..)

And 2 inches cmon... If it was a 7 inch knife or longer... maybe i could understand, but 2"!! are they kidding?

·
Really?
16,125 Posts
Folks , zero tolerance means ZERO. I know, it's silly, but go ahead and play their silly game. Hey, blame the parents for not hollering at school board meetings. Btw, How in the world did anybody know it was in there? A little show and tell? I guess they don't teach opsec at that Boy Scout unit.

·
Registered
148 Posts
this is becoming a trend. the parents should have a zero tolerance for idiotic decisions from school staff. vice prin., principal, superintendant, and this athletic faculty guy, see ya, good luck in your next job.
Homeschool....

It is illogical to expect someone else to make the rules in THEIR building appealing to YOU.

Stop going to the schools....

·
Registered
4,497 Posts
I guess they don't teach opsec at that Boy Scout unit.
You do have a point there.

I carried a small folder all through high school, did anyone care? no, because noone knew.

I took a .22 rifle butt to school once to show someone (remember, a rifle butt is essentially a piece of wood) and the teachers hit the roof. Nearly got expelled until I managed to talk reason into them and explain that its just a piece of wood. Eventually they calmed down...

Lesson learnt: people are illogical.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I took a .22 rifle butt to school once to show someone (remember, a rifle butt is essentially a piece of wood) and the teachers hit the roof. Nearly got expelled until I managed to talk reason into them and explain that its just a piece of wood. Eventually they calmed down...
Of course they freaked out! You could have held hostages at invisible gun point...

/s

·
Banned
190 Posts
Wow, a soldier, Honor course student, and eagle scout...with a 2 inch knife. You would be better off using your hands, a book, a pen, a tire jack, a baseball bat, a baseball, et cetera. RIDONK

·
Realist
232 Posts
I don't at all agree with the rule or what happened, but..
I truly believe in equal treatment. If it's the rule, it's the rule, regardless of whether you're an eagle scout, a solider, a cop, a farmer, a troublesome kid, a perfect kid. They could've been less harsh with the suspension term though since they knew the circumstances.

Also.
What is considered a weapon is so flawed. I've got pens that I could probably kill someone more easily with than that kid's itty bitty pocket knife. Lots of things I could use.. Broken glass? Baseball bat? Newspaper!#[email protected]? Weapon "classifications" are ridiculous. It should be about what you do with it and maybe your intent - not what you possess.

·
Registered
148 Posts
this is becoming a trend. the parents should have a zero tolerance for idiotic decisions from school staff. vice prin., principal, superintendant, and this athletic faculty guy, see ya, good luck in your next job.
Need to be careful here, this might not always be the school's choice. More likely, their hands were tied by a law passed by morons at their state legislatures.
One of the problems with a state....

·
Registered
419 Posts
You do have a point there.

I carried a small folder all through high school, did anyone care? no, because noone knew.

Lesson learnt: people are illogical.
Heck, When I went to school I took the stock of my .22 to shop class and refinished it. The shop teacher HELPED me do it. But back then(early/mid 80's ish) most of the teachers were hunters and shooting enthusiasts. Me and the guidance counsellor sat down and had long talks about ballistics instead of post secondary education.

·
Registered
4,497 Posts
But back then(early/mid 80's ish) .
When I did it, it was "back then" also (though not quite that far back).

I am confident if I did it now I would be expelled immediately and it would be front page news and everyone would be in hysterics about what we are going to do to prevent this happening again.

Sigh.... (and stereotypically survivalists are the paranoid ones!! at least we are not afraid of inanimate pieces of wood!!)

·
Registered
142 Posts
When I was in elementary school, a guy kept threateningly moving a sharp pencil at my eye. The teacher did nothing.

A sharp pencil.... longer than a 2" pocket knife. Good grief.

My last trip on a plane, they broke off the nail file from my itty bitty travel nail clippers. Come on! My keys are longer! If I was gonna stab someone, the keys would've worked better.

They are probably finding it hard to put ordinary things into a weapons class based on use but people need to start using that little vacant space between their ears. Although, it is true too that someone with a spotless record can still have a bad attitude and be a bully that will someday show their colors with an act that can be prevented.

·
Sell crazy someplace else
2,534 Posts
The scary thing is that these are the same people teaching our next generation of kids. They need to be replaced. When I went to school, I had a couple of buddies that had .22 rifles on gun racks in their pickups. This wasn't even in the sticks.

·
Deus exsisto laus
3,963 Posts
First and foremost,this young man needs to hire an attorney. They need to search the NY penal code and find out if this little pocket knife does or does not fall under the classification of "weapon".Also see if being on school grounds changes the legal definition of "weapon".If it is discovered that his little pocket knife does not fall under the legal definition of a "weapon", he needs to sue the ever loving sh%t out of the city, the school district and the school board. Then ,he needs to file a CIVIL suit against each individual connected with this bogus suspension. Make it hurt and make it merciless.Make them an example,that "we the people" have had enough of this political correctness and school staff that are educated WAY beyond their intelligence. I think he has a strong case.Until we make ALL school officials sweat a little they will keep ramming their "progressive" agenda down our throats. TP......rant over.

1 - 20 of 138 Posts