Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
As a test I have been using a 12 led 3 lighting setting dyno powered lantern I purchased at Walgreens for $10 for the last 4 months to light up one bathroom at night. Turned on just in the room and using th lowest 2 led setting just 60 turns every three or so days has provided the lighting for general use. Shaving ect is a different matter but that is saved for daytime.
The inexpensive lantern has held up to regular use these four months with out a problem as well.

Now I cannot say I have saved enought electricity to pay for the lantern but I know that this lantern performed and probably will continue to do so and with the current climate it may well be needed on a more demanding schedule.

PS. Tried to get a link to a example but unable to do so

·
CHEERS :p
1,946 Posts
last ear we attended and off road event where they held a raffle for prizes with the money going to a retirement home......long story short ...one of the prizes I won was a crank lantern, it was rather cheap looking but I accepted anyways and it turns out to be a handy little peice of equipment....it has a radio, a phone charger a flashlight and a lantern all built into it....we have used it on and off for some time and I am considering adding another to our gear.....

your link does not work btw :) lol

Tugger

·
Registered
226 Posts
This is the one we have, bought two of them when we last went camping. They work very well, not super bright but bright enough to see what's around you.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts