Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
18,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A very good and inspirational read. Please share it with as many others as you can.

(Email text from VCDL)

Naomi Wolf grew up in a progressive family and had drank the anti-gun Kool-Aid fed to her by the media, her family, and her social circles in California. She had fallen for all the false stereotypes of gun owners.

Then she did some research for a book she was writing and her eyes were opened.

This story is long, but well worth reading. I particularly like her translation of the 2nd Amendment from 18th Century English to modern English:

Because a well-regulated militia is necessary to the security of a free State, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.”

Rethinking the Second Amendment

http://www.frontpagemag.com/fpm/2022/06/rethinking-second-amendment-dr-naomi-wolf/
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OP note: I have screenshot the top part of the linked page, and placed it here.

Musical instrument Font Air gun Trigger Shotgun

18,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
18,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
While I agree with her take (and hope it's an honest one), that article is chock full of grammatical errors, especially having to do with tense. Errors that distracted the reader from her otherwise valid points.
Most people don't notice such errors, and even more don't care. Despite said errors, her points do come across.

If that's what passes for Yale/Oxford PhD level writing skills... I question the value of such an education.
I am more concerned of public education, which have cost the taxpayer very much more.

18,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Always glad to hear when someone sees the light. Unfortunately it also goes the opposite way. Know who use to have an A rating from the NRA? Kathy Hochul…. The current governor of NY.

Three elected officials with single message for SCOPE members: We support the 2nd Amendment

From the 2012 article.

Hochul said she comes from a family of gun-rights advocates. She has two brothers in Maryland, she said, who are expert marksmen. While Hochul said she isn't big into hunting or target shooting herself, she has taken safety courses and knows how to handle a firearm.

"When a bill comes up that affects your 2nd Amendment rights, I’m on your side," Hochul said

How far she has strayed.
While representing her Congressional district, her constituents in Hamburg, NY and surrounding areas, were and still strong 2A supporters. Her positions changed when her constituency began to include the leftist, inner city strongholds of NYC, Syracuse, Rochester, Buffalo, Niagara Falls, etc.

18,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
I read that when first published in 2011, and I just reread it.

There are some serious mischaracterizations within the article, with some mischaracterizations from notable omissions of fact, or half-truths if you will.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts