Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
8,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To new members:

I joined this board to learn about specific survival issues. I think it was the tire potato video that led me to join. I love the site and most of the posts, but to the new members, be wary of accepting the wild theories of the conspiracy kooks presented on this site. These views do not reflect the vast majority of the thousands of members of this site.

To younger members, more prone to accept alternate theories or nonsense, bide your time your views will change. The goverment is not your enemy. Trust your family friends and neigbors. Your community institutions need your active participation. From Red Cross, to the local food bank, to your police auxiliary and CERT, need your help now. You do not need to feel isolated. You can actively prepare in a real and measurable way. Militias are a fantasy. Join in your community and avoid things that keep you isolated.

I'd say of the thousands of members of this site, most are silent. A very few are kooks and provacateurs. Most are mainstream. Many are retired first resposnders or reservists or retired military. Some are active first resonders and military. Some are just interested in survivalist issues.

Keep in shape and prepare, but plan firstly for your future. These are not end times, just crazy times. Manage, keep optomistic and remember this country got throught the 30's in far better shape than before. Americans always get their sh__ together.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Don't listen to him kids, he's from the NWO! :)

I have a bad habit of disconnecting myself. The world always goes on. Maintain a good attitude and don't worry too much about the world around you.

From another post of yours I can tell your head is not in the sand either. Moderation is usually a good thing.
Except-
"Extremism in the pursuit of liberty is no vice... Moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virture."
-Barry Goldwater

·
60 yrs in spite of gov.
161 Posts
KaBar67="The government is not your enemy."
I am soooo glad to be set straight on this matter. Here I've been thinking wrong for nigh on to 60 years. Been shunin the TV too, but I'll be paying more attention now. Lord knows, I feel better already! I think things may be alright!

·
DIY RPG's
1,667 Posts
thats right! hush little sheeple don't say a word. governments gonna implant you with a micro-chip. and if that chip don't transmit you aren't gonna be able to do sh!t. people make up your own mind government is inherently bad so say the founding fathers of this country. the only diffrence between good government and bad government is who has the power. theres a reason that in The Declaration of Independence it says: it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.

so don't listen to one person make your own free thinking choices

·
Registered
447 Posts
To new members:

I joined this board to learn about specific survival issues. I think it was the tire potato video that led me to join. I love the site and most of the posts, but to the new members, be wary of accepting the wild theories of the conspiracy kooks presented on this site. These views do not reflect the vast majority of the thousands of members of this site.

To younger members, more prone to accept alternate theories or nonsense, bide your time your views will change. The goverment is not your enemy. Trust your family friends and neigbors. Your community institutions need your active participation. From Red Cross, to the local food bank, to your police auxiliary and CERT, need your help now. You do not need to feel isolated. You can actively prepare in a real and measurable way. Militias are a fantasy. Join in your community and avoid things that keep you isolated.

I'd say of the thousands of members of this site, most are silent. A very few are kooks and provacateurs. Most are mainstream. Many are retired first resposnders or reservists or retired military. Some are active first resonders and military. Some are just interested in survivalist issues.

Keep in shape and prepare, but plan firstly for your future. These are not end times, just crazy times. Manage, keep optomistic and remember this country got throught the 30's in far better shape than before. Americans always get their sh__ together.
I should have known you were an attorney as soon as I read that.

BTW you remind me of someone else on this board.

·
Banned
27,826 Posts
First of all I want to welcome you to the boards.

Good post, but as a mainstream survivalist that is very opening about the issues and also being a government contractor I would not trust the government as a whole. Yes, the police and the red cross will do their jobs, but as a survivalist I will be prepaired to the to point of not needing their support in case some thing goes wrong. All it takes is one fruit cake with a computer and botnet to bring a nation to major knees. And that is not to even talk about the nuts who want to blow up places.

Look up botnets on a search and you will understand what I mean.

Take care,
Wes

·
Registered
18,814 Posts
You know, if an outsider were to log into this site and read what some of you (ok, US) post we all would be tagged as the lunatic fringe... I'm suprised someone hasn't posted about their alien abuctions... yet...

So KaBar does have a point about not taking everything posted to heart... except what we say about the obamazites and the zombies especially the zombies,,, those are real...

·
Deo VIndice
6,108 Posts
Palladin, I watched resident evil 3 last night...I could have sworn i saw 2 or 3 obama shirts on those zombies!

Reactions: test

·
Registered
173 Posts
To new members:

This is one of the worst posts I've read on these boards. I hate this type of "it's going to be alright" propaganda.

Translation of the entire post:

Dear sheeple, please follow your herd mentality and obey thy govermental shepherds. They are smart. You are stupid. Green pastures are just around the corner after this rough patch. Do not rock the boat. Resistance is futile.
Trust me, I watch CNN and listen to Dr Phil.

·
Registered
8,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Pit helmeter:

You don't think its going to be alright? Ok. What next.

Re read post dude. I'm suggesting folks to prepare asap. I'm suggesting they get ready for hard times by joining mainstream groups, getting their skills and preps in line, and not sitting home wringing their hands and loading mags. When I became active in our community ambulance, I met survivalists. Same for after church breakfast group for kids. When I joined a HAM radio club last year, I learned about Field Day. A senior group member and his teenage son (an eagle scout) came to my house to help me set up my rig! Unbeleiveable. I met this guy and his son 1 time at a meeting. I think almost all HAMs are survivalists. When I took a Red Cross CPR class, the group was filled with survivlaists. Girl Scouts and Boy Scouts could use your skills too. I just spend 1 hour working a nut sale booth with several families and my oldest daughter. These mainsteram groups teach our kids skills they need. I cannot encourage kids enough to play a team sport, any sport no matter what their skill level.

I'm saying if time permits, get active now and ignore the kooks. These mainstream groups need your support. The world will never be so upsidedown that "militias" will be anything but a nuisance. Do you see things ever getting so bad that these institutions will disappear?

·
Registered
94 Posts
To new members:

A lot of truth to your post, get involved at the local level, support those locally who are trying to make a positive difference, but I would watch my back for the organizations that are taking their orders nationaly or higher. Get closer to family, friends, neighbors, we will need each other to survive what is coming down the road...

·
Looking ahead
2,178 Posts
There may be some wild topics discussed here (Invasion of America), some stupid debunked conspiracy topics (2012 planet X BS) and even some things that make you think "that's pretty far out there but maybe" (NWO, NAU...). None of those topics detracts from the governments track record of screwing the people. Even if its not done maliciously then at best the government is cross eyed incompetent.

In fact I'd have a hard time coming up with anything the gov has done in my lifetime that has enabled us to enjoy more freedoms rather than to regulate everything into oblivion.

Its much more likely that the thousands of silent new members are starting to see the writing on the walls and now are trying to "cram" by going to sites like this one and reading up. When they have something worth saying then maybe they'll post something.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts