Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The idea is (of course) not a new one. Glad to see it in the news painted in a great light. It encourages me to see a group recognized for not buying into materialism, consumerism, and entitilement. These kids understand "waste not, want not" - a philosophy I thought had died a generation or two ago.

·
Premium Member
9,224 Posts
Could you post a link to the story that you read please?

The idea is (of course) not a new one. Glad to see it in the news painted in a great light. It encourages me to see a group recognized for not buying into materialism, consumerism, and entitilement. These kids understand "waste not, want not" - a philosophy I thought had died a generation or two ago.

·
4 Fried Chickens & A Coke
2,679 Posts
I used to work at a supermarket and a bakery, the amount of food wasted was incredible.

At the market, it was alot produce, prepared foods, and meat that was tossed daily.
Trash bags of muffins, bagels, pastries, were thrown out just becuase they were made yesterday.

Really sad, we throw out food while people in the world go without any.

·
Kibitzer
6,631 Posts
Really sad, we throw out food while people in the world go without any.
Heck with the "world", just feed the folks in USA.
Why does US have to go all over the world to feed/shelter the hungry, yet they ignore people in their front yard??
Too busy fighting other peoples wars for them, instead of fighting drug war here in US.
Too busy fixing other people's problems while letting thousands walk across borders and screw up USA.
Too many kids in school that won't salute US flag, cause they aren't Americans. Can't even speak English.

·
Super Moderator and Walking Methane Refinery
68,758 Posts
While I like seeing diving presented in a positive light, doing so in this economic climate is sure to spark more interest and cause competition for those already engaged in it. I guess that's a good thing if it reduces waste, but a bad thing for those who depend on diving.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Before I started working for the railroad, I hauled garbage for 8 years. You would not believe the stuff people throw away, I was always bringing stuff home. Somebody would ask me to keep eye out for this or that and within 2 weeks I would have it. Had a garge sale from 3 months worth of collecting made over $600 from other people's garbage and what didnt sell there went to an auction house for another $350 in my pocket. Now with ebay and craiglist being so big, you could make a killing maybe I need to go back to throwing trash.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts