Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
In a pile of brass
3,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
as many of you might not know, dukes energy grid in northern kentucky has left 550,000 kentuckians without power for 3 days now.and there are around 225,000 others in southern ohio and indianna without power around the cincinati area... i just got power back today around 5:30 pm. duke has made serveral attempts to get our local area powered up again for 3 days and almost every home had light bulbs blow out and breakers on teh power line explode. and get this.....duke says it could be up to 7 days untill all of us have power again. but i do think they have brought the number of people without power down to 700,000. and this is the company that gets federal money every year to improve their grids....what a good use of money. just thought i would let you guys know about this. and im sure we have some members who are still stuck in teh blackout.... great job duke:taped:!!!:mad:

·
I love this *****
33,879 Posts
I wonder how many were totally and completely unprepared for this. Hopefully, they will learn from the experience and be better prepared for the next time. We know there will be a next time.

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
I didn't know Duke energy's territory went that far north.I thought they were mainly NC,SC and North Georgia.I guess thats what I get for thinking.

·
In a pile of brass
3,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well it hit my whole family hard because we were only prepared for a situation where we would have to leave the house and live without electricity. you cant use fire starters inside a house and you cant shoot a animal and put it in a freezer that doesnt work. and its also really hard when you have a bunch of weirdies running around breaking into people houses, no one came into ours and i didnt even know about the crime untill i turned on the news today.

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
good luck to ya bud.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts