Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Part Terminator
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2 75 round Drum's For my Ak's.

( I got the some time back when they where only $80.00 each.:thumb:)

Most ALL Democrats hate them. I'v been having a good old time with them myself. I clean them and oil them all the time.

How many of us here own them?
If you don't like them, why?

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
I got one. big,heavy,waste of time.

·
Banned
1,533 Posts
Unless we have a line of Redcoats or Chinamen coming up the hill or maybe for an ambush where you want to gain fire superiority and keep it , they are fun to have , but usless .

Yes I have 2 for my AK and 2 Beta mags for the AR...........:D:

·
Registered
435 Posts
you bought a 75 round drum for 80.00, you could buy at least 4 -30 round mags for the same amount. so for the money spent you actually have more loaded ammo at your finger tips.

·
Part Terminator
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
you bought a 75 round drum for 80.00, you could buy at least 4 -30 round mags for the same amount. so for the money spent you actually have more loaded ammo at your finger tips.
I live in New York BTW. So 3 years ago $80.00 each was a nice price, or at the time it was. I also have a lot of 30 and 40 round Mags too. ( I'm an overkill kind of guy..:p No harm done..

Any how, have you Seen the Price of them now a Days??

The Romanian ones are all sold out. I would not pay over $100.00 for them anyhow.

All and all, I have them for fun and to **** off my Democratic friends.:thumb:

·
25 Or 6 to 4
8,006 Posts
I have two. Those who know, have them and appreciate them too. Those that don't know find them an annoyance as far as toys go.
Was educated on them a few years ago by folks in the know. Without a bipod they are very difficult to handle for most folks.

Most all of them are sold out except for gun broker.

Since two cost the same as most rifles people have, I say pass and get ammo, unless you already have them.

They are not for newbs and are not "cool toys". They are tools for those educated in their use. They should not be put on a regular barrel AK even though they fit in a pinch. I have a rare heavy barrel Mak90 from JPL Pamona Ca, so I kept two.

Btw: An RPK load is 6 drums. A bit more than most can carry around.

·
Information is Ammunition
22,122 Posts
even if I get an RPK I'll just use 40 rounders

·
Information is Ammunition
22,122 Posts
doesnt having a trigger crank mean that you essentially need a third hand to operate properly?

·
25 Or 6 to 4
8,006 Posts
doesnt having a trigger crank mean that you essentially need a third hand to operate properly?
Usually this is set up on a club foot stock and fired from a prone or low bench type position. The gat gets cranked, which can be done while gripping the pistol grip. (takes practice as it feel unnatural the first time or two) At the same time the left hand does not go to the forearm grip but back and underneath the club foot to pull up and help aim/stabilize to a limited degree. The barrel must have a good quality muzzle brake. don't expect any 3-4" groups either. The RPK gat config is a suppression fire bullet hose at best, even with the extra barrel length. Its also wise to pull the front furniture and use pieces of flat bar in place unless you have a box of wood replacements laying around. Use the carry handle or if it does not have one use a shortened top sling to carry and move, since skin will stick right to it once it get hot. If you make the mistake of not using the club foot,it will only happen once.

Its going to feel pretty freaky and out of control at first. Mere words can't describe it if your used to/grown into a regular rifle but it comes as all practice things do.

If our state laws were different I would have the setup in the rack right now.....but not here or anytime soon.That's all I got on it.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I like the drums.I have a few of the Chi-com 75 rd. drums from back in the day when they were $49.
I also have one of the 120 rd. AR drums.
Here's a pic of it installed in a Galil(w/ AR-15 mag adapter)

·
Deo VIndice
6,108 Posts
anyone remember the ol 100 rounders? They were like $90 bucks back in the day.

·
Registered
7,224 Posts
I like the drums.I have a few of the Chi-com 75 rd. drums from back in the day when they were $49.

[Jedi mind trick]
Guns are hazardous.
You will send all those firearms to Brother Buck.
[/Jedi mind trick]

·
25 Or 6 to 4
8,006 Posts
You have several belt fed drums for the RPD?

Better get those quick if your lacking.

·
Registered
826 Posts
I got one. big,heavy,waste of time.
For a fighting rifle you might have to carry or maneuver with (rather than a long-barrel full-auto weapon fired from an emplacement), a better, cheaper, set-up than a drum for large AK ammo capacity for defending a position (like your home) from thugs, rioters, zombies, etc. is to get your hands on a couple of 40-round Bulgarian steel surplus magazines, originally designed for the RPK machine gun. Take two 40-rounders and use a quality magazine coupler (like the one from Fobus) to mount the spare mag on the left side of the primary mag in an inverted orientation (floorplate of the spare is adjacent to the top of the primary), with a slight vertical offset to allow room for the "rock and lock" motion during the change. I put a rubber magazine cap on the end of the spare mag to keep crud out of it during storage. This set-up gives you higher capacity, lighter weight, and better handling than a drum, and requires only one change that can be completed much faster than a standard mag change with retention. An experienced operator recently introduced me to this trick, and he said in a pinch duct tape will work as well as anything else. Just prior to the ban I bought a couple of unissued 40-round mags and couplers to join them pairs for less than fifty bucks...

·
Part Terminator
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
[Jedi mind trick]
Guns are hazardous.
You will send all those firearms to Brother Buck.
[/Jedi mind trick]

You forgot to color it like this..

[Jedi mind trick]
Guns are hazardous.
You will send all those firearms to Zazale not Brother Buck.
Ok rent them to Brother Buck first, then sell to zazale...
BTW Republican credits will do fine.
[/Jedi mind trick] :rolleyes:

·
Registered
604 Posts
If you have them great, I wouldn't buy them now when standard mags are so much cheaper. If you already have them I would set them up at the house to use as a fire support weapon. From a fixed position I think they would kick tail.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts