Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well as the title suggests, since a month ago, a drug war has been present in my town, as a group of families known as the marriots and the melvins, have been shooting each other in VERY public areas, in times that they know they can and will shoot innocent bystanders. And recently last night, a ton of police were in the area as another gang member got shot down, unfortunately not dead. So, anyone know if their is anything I can do reduce my risk of having a bullet put in any of my vital organs?

·
Registered
18 Posts
families called marriots and melvins shooting it out?is this like the crips and bloods or hatfields and mccoys?marriots and melvins aren't really tough sounding names for gangs.
but i'm from jersey land of the sopranos so all i know is about the mafia.

·
Here's my safety Sir
14,678 Posts
Yep sounds like time to get out of Dodge City.

Reactions: Maverick88

·
Registered
645 Posts
Moving would be your best option, can't get shot if you aren't there.

Kevlar would be second best, but kevlar will not protect the vitals between your ears just keep that in mind. Unless you want to go around town with a military grade kevlar helmet that is, LOL

·
Here's my safety Sir
14,678 Posts
Moving would be your best option, can't get shot if you aren't there.

Kevlar would be second best, but kevlar will not protect the vitals between your ears just keep that in mind. Unless you want to go around town with a military grade kevlar helmet that is, LOL
Now that would get some attention. The sheriff the chief of police the doctor at the physo ward...............

Reactions: Maverick88

·
Registered
289 Posts
who told you -military helmet won't take a direct hit---there's one at Ft .Bragg-in display with ak-47 round lodged in front--if you have family--you should move--the only fight you win is the one you avoid

·
Registered
154 Posts
I would definitely move out of there. It seems like gunfire is happening all over the place in the smallest of towns. Good luck to you and stay safe

·
Registered
204 Posts
who told you -military helmet won't take a direct hit---there's one at Ft .Bragg-in display with ak-47 round lodged in front--if you have family--you should move--the only fight you win is the one you avoid
Um, the Army. At least that was there story when I was in......

·
Registered
153 Posts
just a bunch of kids trying to be gangster, neither of the family are that big, it will blow over soon as most of them are in jail or dead already. Just move out of spryfield, that place sucks anyways (fellow nova scotianer here)

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Do you have a basement? If so, and you are seriously worried about a stray bullet, you could move all of your living quarters down their until they all end up in jail or dead.

Lock your doors, so they don't try to take shelter in your house if the shooting starts.

Keep a low profile, don't talk on any TV cameras about the incident. This could make you a target.

Locate points of cover in your yard such as drainage ditches, trees, and vehicles, that way if you are outside when the shooting starts you already know where to go.

When driving in the neighborhood, and find yourself caught between a rolling or stationary gun battle or drive by, keep driving and get of the X.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Don't wear gang colors even casually and stay away from gang hangouts. Keep your head low, and don't go out after dark. I remember when I was growing up in Salinas Ca., being white in a latino neigborhood I used to run into a lot of problems. I was walking down the street to the store once and had a car full of gang members jump out and stick a gun in my face. All I could do was stand my ground and tell them that I lived in the area and I was going to the store, and that I wasnt looking for trouble... After a while they got to know me and left me alone.

I think what I'm saying is that if you fear for your life move, if thats not an option live your life and stand your ground. I feared for my life that day but I didn't run and hide, I probably would have been more likely to have been shot if I did.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts