Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
18,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife and I are having a heck of a time finding dried beans (kidney, black, pinto, etc.) Walton has bags at $50 for 50 lbs, but surely there has to be cheaper prices than that? Costco / Sams in our area (St. Louis) hasn't had any dried beans in months.

Store / site suggestions?

Thanks.

·
Good Bye
1,808 Posts
search around for a local meixcan food mart. they always have a good variety of beans, and at an excellent price.

·
Team Lauren 2010
410 Posts
Have you tried Save-A-Lot? I've been stocking up there, the bags are a pound and I think less than a dollar each but, unfortunately, I don’t have the receipt in front of me. I just picked some but I don't have the receipt in front of me. Lentils cost me $.49 for a bag, which I think was a pound.

·
Registered
18,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys,

We have the $1 pound bags at Save A Lot and Aldis but I was kind of hoping to do better than a $1 a pound when buying 50 lbs at a time? At that rate, we might as well buy 50 1pound bags and save on shipping...??

There must be a better alternative.

·
Scarred for life...
3,295 Posts
My local grocery store and wal mart have dried beans. Not easy to find at either location unless you are looking for them. Both also have a section of Mexican foods including dried beans but the dried beans there are more expensive than the stuff with English language labels.

·
Team Lauren 2010
410 Posts
Thanks guys,

We have the $1 pound bags at Save A Lot and Aldis but I was kind of hoping to do better than a $1 a pound when buying 50 lbs at a time? At that rate, we might as well buy 50 1pound bags and save on shipping...??

There must be a better alternative.
Aw crap I misunderstood your question sorry!!!

·
Banned
128 Posts
search around for a local meixcan food mart. they always have a good variety of beans, and at an excellent price.
I called 14 mexican food stores today... NOT A SINGLE ONE had any dried black beans. There must be some regional differences between my local stores and your local stores Zigmund... DH.

·
Premium Member
3,228 Posts
I called 14 mexican food stores today... NOT A SINGLE ONE had any dried black beans. There must be some regional differences between my local stores and your local stores Zigmund... DH.
I think the Mexicans around here have caught wind of something because I've seen alot of families lately getting the big bags of stuff.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I picked up a 10 pound bag of pinto beans at Sam's Club yesterday in NC for $5.86, they had a good supply of dried beans and rice.

Later
Sway

·
Registered
875 Posts
I can't say this enough...Soak those beans overnight with a shot of vinegar to keep your BOL location mates happy with you. Otherwise put some of those pine scented car fresheners in your BOB.

·
Registered
431 Posts
I checked again today and found no dried beans of any kind in my local Sam's. This is in Mid-Michigan. Anyone out there in Michigan tell me where to go...oops loaded question. :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts