Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33,077 Posts
I guess I'm just so glad our relationship with the Lord is one on one and does not
depend on our affiliation with a paticular group.

It never has been about which door we go in...it's about who we ask in our door

Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

(IMHO)

·
Banned
6,931 Posts
I guess I'm just so glad our relationship with the Lord is one on one and does not
depend on our affiliation with a paticular group.

It never has been about which door we go in...it's about who we ask in our door

Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

(IMHO)
Is not obedience part of that relationship? If Christ founded a church, should we not belong to it? Look at the authority He gave to that church in verse 19. I don't want to buck that authority.

[18] And I tell you, you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the powers of death shall not prevail against it.
[19] I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven, and whatever you bind on earth shall be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven." [Matthew 16]

·
Banned
6,931 Posts
Furthermore, I am sometimes in need of this authority that was given to the Apostles.

[22] And when he had said this, he breathed on them, and said to them, "Receive the Holy Spirit.
[23] If you forgive the sins of any, they are forgiven; if you retain the sins of any, they are retained." [John 20]

·
Registered
33,077 Posts
Is not obedience part of that relationship? If Christ founded a church, should we not belong to it? Look at the authority He gave to that church in verse 19. I don't want to buck that authority.
Firebird...LOL...I knew you were coming!!!!

Absolutley, we are to be obedient to the Lord. The focus of my remarks were to the video. I believe VERY much that those who are "Christian" should be apart of a body of believers....clearly in scripture!!

I believe on judgement day the Lord will look at our lives and hearts and not our affialtion with which group we were associated with.

Matthew 7:22 Many will say to me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and in your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?'

Jesus answers in 7:23

Then I will tell them plainly, 'I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!'

It's clear to me Our Lord is more interested in our hearts than our attendance
records with a group.

Firebird, I know you defend your faith in a way that honors God, I believe the foundation of your faith is the person of Jesus Christ through the Catholic Church. I honor you for your stand and the foundation that is the Lord!

I see you as a brother in Christ without prejudice. If you choose to not see me in that same light I'm ok with that.

Jeff

·
Banned
6,931 Posts
Not a calvinist by any means, but this guy has things pretty well summed up:

YouTube- Dr Clifford - No Place Like Rome

[...]
enjoy
No, your own Lord Macaulay is the one who summed up the situation pretty well:

She [the Roman Catholic Church] may still exist in undiminished vigour when some traveller from New Zealand shall, in the midst of a vast solitude, take his stand on a broken arch of London Bridge to sketch the ruins of St. Paul’s. [On Ranke’s History of the Popes. 1840.]

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
to be honest I dont get the relation to the video, but dont doubt that the RCC will continue unabated as the apostate christian churches, evangelicals charismaniacs etc are compromising with the ecumenical movement and now even the Queen having the pope stay at buck house. It all fits with biblical prophecy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts