Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
First, not to be picky but I wouldn't label a decline as a crash.

That out of the way..

Bernanke is an idiot. If we are truly on the verge of another recession, how in the hell is keeping interest rates near 0 going to do any good. What's he going to do in another recession, lower the rate?

When he starts QE3, China could very well unpeg their currency from ours. China's inflation is through the roof right now.

Let's see those stocks drop! 9,000, here we come! Lets get this crisis done and out of the way.

·
Para Bellum
3,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
First, not to be picky but I wouldn't label a decline as a crash.

That out of the way..

Bernanke is an idiot. If we are truly on the verge of another recession, how in the hell is keeping interest rates near 0 going to do any good. What's he going to do in another recession, lower the rate?

When he starts QE3, China could very well unpeg their currency from ours. China's inflation is through the roof right now.

Let's see those stocks drop! 9,000, here we come! Lets get this crisis done and out of the way.
Ok, ya got me...it's declining. How about "continuing it's crash"?
I too just want to see it over and done with and get to rebuilding. Apparently we can't rebuild anything until it's estroyed.

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Ok, ya got me...it's declining. How about "continuing it's crash"?
I too just want to see it over and done with and get to rebuilding. Apparently we can't rebuild anything until it's estroyed.
I don't this this adminstration has any plans to rebuild anything. As long as their toxic to business legislation is not repealed, we will continue this downward spiral.

I think it will crash though. I'm thinking it will be something bigger though.

I see it as we are driving down a bumpy road and we can see the cliff at the end. It seems too many people are worried about us driving over these little bumps and getting a rough ride and no one is paying attention to the cliff we are heading towards.

·
Registered
175 Posts
wow. i went outside to do yard work a couple of hours ago and it was up almost 2oo points. i guess the word for the day would be volatile

·
Joe McCarthy was Right!
4,789 Posts
Leaving the rates near zero means that there wont be any return if you put your money in savings accounts. They are chasing people into stocks. This whole thing is very chaotic, like no one in washington knows what way to turn so they are turning in every direction but the one they actually need to be turning.

·
Purrpared
679 Posts
I thought I heard something on the radio this morning about the Treasury buying up its own bonds to help stabilize the market. Isn't that like borrowing money from your Visa card then saying that your MasterCard balance looks much better?

The other thing that hit me was an insurance company commercial "For whatever your American dream may be... an apartment, a condo or a house..."

In just a few years the American dream has gone from owning a big house with a yard in a nice neighborhood to "Hey, honey, things are going to get better. I'll get a job and we'll find one of those studio apartments so we can sleep indoors."

I'll believe things are better when there are no more fights over which guy gets to sleep under the most rain-proof tree outside the apartment building. The Wizards of Wall Street and Washington can go **** themselves.

·
Never Give up
7,579 Posts
They don't want a crash so they will shore it up someway. Even if they buy it thru a separate account so we don't know where it came from .They don't want this all at once. Remember if you boil a frog you don't throw him in hot water. You slowly bring up the temperature. You still get boiled but one takes longer.

·
Para Bellum
3,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Market is bouncing around like a rubber ball, today.

Takes VERY big money to move those numbers, like this.
I'm beginning to think it's being artificially propped up. It's climbing like there is no tomorrow, in a few minutes, from -170 to +265
If this is normal, I can see why people commit suicide.
I think it's the money men taking every last penny they can and dumping it before the closing.

·
Registered
3,019 Posts
I'm beginning to think it's being artificially propped up. It's climbing like there is no tomorrow, in a few minutes, from -170 to +265
If this is normal, I can see why people commit suicide.
I think it's the money men taking every last penny they can and dumping it before the closing.
It's up 300 points now. You can't artificially do that. That is a substantial amount of money.

·
Sam Adams was right....
9,381 Posts
all Bernanke did was tell the Street:

1. Anything with a timeline of 2 years or under won't be affected by the Fed raising rates...
  2. Say "HELLO" to $2500K gold and triple digit silver
  3. fundamentally what was wrong with the economy before Bernanke spoke... is still wrong after..

·
Para Bellum
3,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
It's up 300 points now. You can't artificially do that. That is a substantial amount of money.
Couldn't just a couple, or few of the wealthiest swing it that much? to drive it up, so they can sell it off, taking a profit.
But, I'm a **** when it comes to the stock market. :) I admit it.

·
Registered
3,019 Posts
Couldn't just a couple, or few of the wealthiest swing it that much? to drive it up, so they can sell it off, taking a profit.
I don't think there's any single (or couple traders) that could move the market that much in one direction.

More of what happens is a herd mentality. A couple big traders make a move, and small day traders pile on. Pretty soon everyone is buying (or selling) as fast as possible on the news of others doing the same.

·
Silent Defender
2,058 Posts
With the Federal Reserve's ability to secretly create unlimited dollars, there is no way of knowing exactly what sort of manipulation is going on. If anyone or any entity is capable of the funds necessary, it would be them.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts