Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Looking for a new Name
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Publix supermarket had lots of stuff this weekend buy 1 get 1...
Stocking up on the cheap, here is what I ended up with...

1 case Beef Ravioli
2 HUGE cans of Quick oats
1 case of corn kernels
1 case of Field Peas and snaps
10 cans Campbell's soup (10 for $10)
2 boxes of Kosher Salt

Got another 10% off if I bought a full case...

Total, $39.81....

Last week I found 20 one gallon mylar bags and 20 300cc OAs for $8 and free shipping. Also bought 2 Black Berky water PURIFIERS but can never find them less that $100 for 2 of them.

Budget gone until next month but I think I did well... (well, I didn't tell the wife about the Berkeys...shhhhhh)

BhmJeep

·
Pleasantly demented woman
3,760 Posts
Great deals. Maybe repost this on the On Sale Now!! thread up in the stickies?

Reactions: MikeK

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
"shhhhhh" sounds familiar. Quite a few of my purchases vanish into a box or under something before Hubby sees them.

I love my guy with all my heart and soul and wouldn't trade him for anybody, but I wish he understood my anxiety about the present world condition and was more sympathetic to the piles of canned goods.

Maybe the forum should start a "Lonely Hearts" section so unattached survivors can meet, talk, and maybe fall in love. It would make things a lot easier to be married to your support system.

·
Looking for a new Name
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
"shhhhhh" sounds familiar. Quite a few of my purchases vanish into a box or under something before Hubby sees them.

I love my guy with all my heart and soul and wouldn't trade him for anybody, but I wish he understood my anxiety about the present world condition and was more sympathetic to the piles of canned goods.

Maybe the forum should start a "Lonely Hearts" section so unattached survivors can meet, talk, and maybe fall in love. It would make things a lot easier to be married to your support system.

I hear that!!! My wife just pats me on the head and tells me to keep my "Hobby" in check....:xeye:

·
Founder
16,867 Posts
Water filters are always a good choice.

I need to pick up a couple more for myself.

·
Banned
4,888 Posts
Budget gone until next month but I think I did well... (well, I didn't tell the wife about the Berkeys...shhhhhh)

BhmJeep
Do what I do...I have stuff delivered to my office ..then I take it home and spread some light dust on the stuff........If she asks I say "honey that has been in here for months"

Works on most stuff except my wife is getting alot smarter on guns

·
Looking for a new Name
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Within 100 yrds of my house there are 2 good sized streams and a 2 acre pond... i have 2 of the Reliant 7 gal water containers and about 4 or 5 cases of bottled water. I plan on filtering for long term until something changes....

BhmJeep

1 - 7 of 7 Posts