Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. new,,here.. i just wanted to say hello....Have enjoyed reading some threads of something I am doing & the things i need to do..lol....Ps does antone know were i can buy some door blocks that mount up on your door brame ,to install a 4x4 or pipe as a cross brace..across the door..I could alwyas make some..i just thought i would ask,,,Thanks

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
try an industrial supply house like Grainger. Also check with Home Depot, Lowes even ACE hardware. By the way welcome aboard. Hope it is a good place for you.

·
Looking ahead
2,178 Posts
I wish I could remember the name of the bracer product that was on T.V a good while back. It was the commercial of the 200lb home invader beating the heck out of the back door of some old lady's house. Funny thing was while this guy was pounding on the door a simple window was 4 feet away.

Anyway, the bracer was attached at the bottom of the door frame and kept the door from being forced open. If I remember the name I'll post it here.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
You could also use longer screws for the strike plate that go through the frame into the stud behind it - door frames are pretty soft wood - and position the hangers so that you screw through the sheetrock into a stud, not the frame of the door itself.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have seen the door jammers before...Longer screws & longer dead bolt are good also...One thought i have is,not just to keep the door from being kicked in,but also.from it being pulled out...door frames are prety soft..That is why i am thinking about the cross brace idea?...whats your thoughts?..

·
one day at a time
2,478 Posts
I had the door jams made with hard wood 2x4. Pretty strong now. I think your type of door will help in some cases to. Heavy door, heavy locks.

·
Crazy old man
1,287 Posts
You might also get some hooks and chicken wire,3or 4 hooks across the top and 3 or 4 down each side. Put the chicken wire on the hooks, with pliers close the hooks. Should stop invaders comming through the doors. The weak point of any house is the windows. Plywood with a cross cut in the center should handle that. Just a thought:D:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts