Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.dtom.com/

I'm not much of a fashionista, but this new clothing line is gaining some popularity and for once, Hollywood has embraced a message other than the "bling bling." Maybe Pop culture is finally starting to realize that we're getting away from the attitude that made this country great. If kids (me included) will put down their Ipods and start realizing that its up to us to direct the country back to a path of longevity, it will certainly be a good start.

Sorry for the soapbox, the clothes look cool, check 'em out. :D:

·
Registered
174 Posts
i don't know. what i see is a company selling t-shirts for $45. and this quote from their landing page is really disturbing:
Don't Tread On Me® is a registered trademark of BB LLC. All rights reserved.
so, they've taken a patriotic phrase and commercialized it. in doing so they've claimed ownership of the phrase. it is a nice ad for daughtry though.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so, they've taken a patriotic phrase and commercialized it. in doing so they've claimed ownership of the phrase. it is a nice ad for daughtry though.
At least they're commercializing something other than big booty and clubbin'

It's easy to dismiss pop culture and things like $45 t-shirts. However, you have to realize that awareness involves people who don't already think like you. The type of people who will be exposed to this message of patriotism might not get it from any other source.

·
Information is Ammunition
22,122 Posts
boy, those buisness types sure know how to take advantage.

mass marketed non-conformity?

·
Information is Ammunition
22,122 Posts
Worried that your point of view might become mainstream? And what would be wrong with that?
if EVERYONE was truly prepared, truly involved in their own lives, and stayed abreast of what those cretins in Washington do to us- well, we wouldn't be in this mess, would we? :D: I just don't like fads

1 - 9 of 9 Posts