Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm into my surplus weapons, but not for the curio cabinet, but regular shooting and hunting with them. ( sorry C&R Guys) I chang stocks and whatever else ( within legal limits) to make the the most accurate and most comfortable shooting that I possibly can. 2 of my favorites are my yugo sks, and my british 303 No4MK1

·
Registered
14,214 Posts
Heck, I made about half of them posts, here and on Gunboards. I am always in the market for one of these arms with a bad bore, a bad chamber, or a busted stock. The pinned barrel guns are particularly easy to rebarrel, and they don't have to stay 7.62x39. The 6.5 Grendel will work through the platform, and so will the 6.8 SPC, if I ever find a reamer for the round.

·
Registered
7,138 Posts
Heck, I made about half of them posts, here and on Gunboards. I am always in the market for one of these arms with a bad bore, a bad chamber, or a busted stock. The pinned barrel guns are particularly easy to rebarrel, and they don't have to stay 7.62x39. The 6.5 Grendel will work through the platform, and so will the 6.8 SPC, if I ever find a reamer for the round.
if you make one let me know how it turns out i might drive over and let you re-barrel my spare. you should be able to have a custom reamer made in that caliber.

·
المتخلف&
5,508 Posts
Noone discounts an SKS...

It's a fine little carbine, back when SKS's were $80-150, I grabbed about 10 of them through the years...

But, I have exactly ZERO of them now thanks to the jump in SKS prices.

If I was on a SKS size budget, a new Saiga would look a lot more enticing... Especially in 5.45 with .12 cent per round ammunition and detachable magazines, and work ona conversion and whalla...

·
Registered
568 Posts
sks is ok for what its built for. its accurate, its got a 10 rnd mag, "20 if ya got tapco." your post doesnt make any sense othere than you like surplus rifles. American firearms are so much better. I like my sks, but im gonna be upgrading to an AMERICAN AR. and im gonna be giving up my sig p226 for the M&P. Why because im AMERICAN and there American firearms. i own 2 guns from other countrys. japenese arisaka, and a sig p226. every ofther gun is a SAVAGE, S&W, RUGER, WINCHESTER. buy AMERICAN.... Leave the ak's for the commies!:thumb:

·
المتخلف&
5,508 Posts
sks is ok for what its built for. its accurate, its got a 10 rnd mag, "20 if ya got tapco." your post doesnt make any sense othere than you like surplus rifles. American firearms are so much better. I like my sks, but im gonna be upgrading to an AMERICAN AR. and im gonna be giving up my sig p226 for the M&P. Why because im AMERICAN and there American firearms. i own 2 guns from other countrys. japenese arisaka, and a sig p226. every ofther gun is a SAVAGE, S&W, RUGER, WINCHESTER. buy AMERICAN.... Leave the ak's for the commies!:thumb:

I would be glad to make an offer on your Sig. Send me a PM if you're serious. :thumb:

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
Okay Capt. Dumbass.

Alot of AKs are made in the US, alot of SIG pistols are made in the US... Guess what? US made SIG pistols suck, German is where it's at.

You're probly the type of guy that would argue that the 1919 is better than the MG34/42... Even though everyone copyed it, even us.

Right now the US DOD is using TONS of European designed firearms... Tell me a decent SMG designed in the US? There isnt one, if you've ever fired a Tommy gun, Grease gun, Reising, MAC10/11 etc... Then shoot a MP40, Uzi, Swedish K, MP5, etc... Dude, American SMGs SUCK!!!!

You're trying to argue the most stupid ****... SIG Sauer used to just be the J. P. Sauer und Sohn GmbH before they merged... They made firearms for the GERMAN ARMY... The german army killed more communist in 4 years than all other western nations put TOGETHER in the past 60 years.

I dont get you dude... We cant import Chinese firearms anymore thanks to people who think like you... LIKE BILL RUGER!

To this date the rifle round that has killed the most people in the world is the 8mm Mauser...

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
What are you talking about:xeye: I've got lot's of commie guns that are better at their job than western counterparts, if you wish to rely on American more power to you. I'll keep my commie guns thanks. BTW congrats, dumbest arsed post of today:thumb:

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
I bought a Russian SKS that someone had put a peep sight on. I took my wife out and let her shoot it after I put a synthetic sporter stock on it. She put all 10 rounds in a paper plate at 100 yards standing offhand. That became her rifle right then and there.

She has been hunting deer with it now for 5 years now and it ahs served this family well as a great little brush gun. BTW: I got it for $125.

·
المتخلف&
5,508 Posts
I bought a Russian SKS that someone had put a peep sight on. I took my wife out and let her shoot it after I put a synthetic sporter stock on it. She put all 10 rounds in a paper plate at 100 yards standing offhand. That became her rifle right then and there.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

·
Registered
568 Posts
Sorry i cant sit on a computer all day, type in a word and have every thing pop up infront of me allthe time. Theres no better machine gun than a thompson. I dont care what u think. And theres no better rifle than the Winchester 1894..

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.