Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I found the limit of a slingshot crossbow that can be cocked without mechanical aids like winches.

I put the beastly 20mm speargun rubber on the medieval style crossbow. 200 lbs draw weight! It takes all of my considerable strength to load this weapon. It is insanely powerful.

Bought the rubber here, just as a reference:

http://www.spearfishing.de/product_...zuege-Imersion---16-18-20-mm---Meterware.html

I shot a 22 mm lead ball against a rock, it flattened it very much. The new diameter was 26 mm!

Here you see a pic of the 20mm speargun rubber, the 16mm type, Thera Tube Silver and Thera Tube Black in comparison.

Here is the video:

Oh, and as a bonus, I show four of my latest conventional frames too.

Jörg

·
FEMA Region IV
458 Posts
Im sorry..slightly off topic...but ive noticed ive been getting "closed captions" and subtitles on my youtube videos lately. And it must be a joke.

Heres what the subtitles say as you load the weapon.

"Them flips in the store up. Begins to stroke him, and you could put in the book. It contains throttled structure dot and all the people. And then it gets ready for children"

thanks for the vid. I always enjoy your posts.

·
Registered
34 Posts
That was amazing. I can’t believe what I saw. You are just genius. At first I thought that the crossbow would be too big to use but then I realized that it does its job well.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
great video and weapon. Did you get the inspiration from the medieval prod, aka the stone arbalest? Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
20 Posts
nice work though I have a question about your crossbow. I've made one similar to your's but i've come across a few issues and was wondering if you came across these issues as well.

Sometimes mine does shoot straight, it will lob the projectile in a different direction or that the rubber will hit the stock and cause the projectile to fire up ward. Tighent the bands and it's solved the problem but what I get is the projectile will on occasion fire backwards!

Any tips for making it a little more reliable?

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Any tips for making it a little more reliable?
The effects you are describing are most likely due to a bad pouch design.

Did you punch a large enough center hole into your pouch?

Without a center hole (or one that is too small), such misfires will happen. The center hole makes sure the ball stays in place for the length of the acceleration.

I use 12 mm center holes (about 1/2"), which means that I can not fire very small ammo (16mm is minimum).

Take the diameter of your ammo and multiply it with 0,6 - then you get the size of the pouch center hole.

Jörg

·
Registered
10 Posts
Amazing work!

A friend and I came upon some of your videos about a year ago. We watched in disbelief as these homemade slingshots put out such amazing force, and promptly ran out to try to get the parts to construct our own.

Needless to say, I'll leave the slingshot making to you!

Great job. I look forward to more videos.

·
Registered
160 Posts
wow Joergs!!! It was a surprise to me when i saw that you were a member on these forums! I've seen you on youtube and you helped me make my Aplus slingshot purchase with one of your videos. thanks!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts