Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Forum Administrator
16,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As some of you may know, my brother works in law enforcement. Before Hurricane Ike made landfall, he made sure people were able to get out of the area.

As the storm made landfall, one older gentlemen was trying to get from Bridge City to Port Arthur. During which he drove off the road and into the marsh. The guy called 911 and stayed on the phone with the police for 2 hours. After Hurricane Ike passed through, 2 days later the police found the guys truck, but he was not in it. My brother was one of the people that was trying to retrieve the body.

And what did my brother get for his service? He lost just about everything he had. The storm surge flooded his house. To add insult to injury, the windows of his house busted, allowing mud and debris to invade his home.

A few pictures of my brothers truck and tractor parked in front of his house. The brown stuff is reeds washed in from a local marsh.

My nephews room - everything is turned on its side and ruined with saltwater.

=============================

Kev82abn has been a member of this community for a long time.

In 1990 - 1991 kev82abn served this nation with honor and dignity during the first Persian Gulf conflict. Here we are in 2008, and he needs our help. Kev82abn got almost 2 feet of water in his house and did not have a drop of flood insurance.

=============================

Starting September 16th and ending on October 16th, every donation received will be divided equally my brother and my best friend.

If you wish to help either of these people, then use this link and make a donation. Even though the site will not receive a single penny from the donations, the members that donate will receive the matching VIP / Premium membership.

$5 Donation - This donation includes a 1 month VIP membership
$10 Donation - This donation includes a 2 month membership to the VIP group.
$15 Donation - This donation includes a 3 month membership in the VIP group.
$30 Donation - This donation includes a 6 month membership to the VIP group.
$50 Donation - This donation includes a 12 month membership in the VIP group.
$150 Donation - This donation includes a VIP membership for 15 years.

This is your chance to make a difference in someones life that has lost just about everything.

Make a difference, make a donation - click this link.

===================== EDIT ==========================

Anyone that donates $50 or more will be entered into a drawing for a case of Eversafe meals.

These are a combination of MRE main entrees and other items. Each case contains 10 meals, or enough food for one person for 5 days. Each meal contains MRE entree, MRE heater, side dish, some kind of snack, spam and M&Ms. The entire meal is about 1400 calories.

Members that donated $150 will be entered three times for the drawing. This offer is only open to people living inside the USA.

One case will be given away.

·
Premium Member
2,509 Posts
No problem

Come on guys lets get this going, if you cant help in hand, help in pocket, help in heart, and help in prayers. PLEASE

First ones on me kev, tell them I wish them both the best, and it aint much but the plate is full, we always make room for friends even if we eat less. God bless all of us, especially those hit directly by this tragedy.

·
Knocked Down But Up Again
5,579 Posts
Will be sending mine in on Friday. If the board members can't count on their fellow board member for a helping hand, then who can they count on?

Kev, keep sending requests like this to our emails as well as the boards; I might not have seen this request otherwise. Smart thinking, friend.

Claudia

·
Super Moderator
Psalm 34:4
23,219 Posts
Count me in too! I have a lot of family in south Louisiana and have seen first hand what hurricanes can do to the lives of good people. Please let your family know they are in our hearts and prayers.

·
Super Moderator
23,219 Posts
Only 11 post to this thread... we can do better than that can't we?

·
Registered
294 Posts
I don't have cash, but if I can help rebuild I'll hike down there, though it might take me a little while. I'm thinking of heading south for the winter anyway. Are there soup kitchens/food pantries around those parts, during these times?

·
Super Moderator
23,219 Posts
Help, Kev's family AND get to see all the secret stuff in the VIP section!

1 - 20 of 63 Posts