Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Colin powell mentions a specific date of an event "we don't even know about"

It almost seems as though he isn't allowed to talk about it but is trying to warn those who are listening.

Biden talking about a "generated national crisis" 'guaranteed' to test Obama in his first six months:

Info of strange happenings in canada that coincide:

never before have I seen so many specific mainstream references to some kind of unforseen event, all in the same small time period. What do these people know that we don't?
Very ominous. I will try to be as ready as possible before then. I urge you all to do the same.

·
American fearmaker
14,245 Posts
Other people predict that in late-2009 is when our financial crisis will peak and maybe get worse. It depends upon who you talk to and what they say or feel. In this forum many months ago it was predicted that 2008 would be the start of major problems for our nation. That prediction came to pass rather right on the money. Now the same people predicting here say that things are REALLY going to get bad in the fall of 2009 with things like food shortages, fuel shortages and so on ending, slowly ending, in maybe fall of 2010 or 2011. That's not good but at least we can plan ahead a little bit.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Other people predict that in late-2009 is when our financial crisis will peak and maybe get worse. It depends upon who you talk to and what they say or feel. In this forum many months ago it was predicted that 2008 would be the start of major problems for our nation. That prediction came to pass rather right on the money. Now the same people predicting here say that things are REALLY going to get bad in the fall of 2009 with things like food shortages, fuel shortages and so on ending, slowly ending, in maybe fall of 2010 or 2011. That's not good but at least we can plan ahead a little bit.
There is now way things are going to get better in a few years. It's going to take atleast that long for this to play out. What is happening is just the tip of the iceberg. People really need to understand that. The mainstream media is a complete joke when addressing this issue. People don't want to be scared and worried. They want to live in their comfort zone/bubble. Well those days are long gone. There will be some sort of war either with Iran or a bigger adversary in the next year or two. This will escalate and prolong any financial termoil we are about to witness and experience. People better start to dig in and get their lives in order. The standard of living in this country is about to evaporate. As well they should considering we are 1% of the world's population consuming 25% of the world's resources. If everyone lived like we do in the USA the Earth would be destroyed in a matter of years.

·
Semper non compos mentis
1,578 Posts
I'd like to once again highlight my ignorance of the US Governmental system by asking this: does the Vice President receive the same intelligence briefings as the President, or just what the Pres passes on, or something else altogether?

The reason I ask, is that Biden seemed extremely well informed. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
I'd like to once again highlight my ignorance of the US Governmental system by asking this: does the Vice President receive the same intelligence briefings as the President, or just what the Pres passes on, or something else altogether?

I believe the acting VP receives the same intel, though not always in person.., sometimes in printed form only, though he's welsome to sit in on any and all breifs. The vp-elect, I believe, receives some of the intel the Pres-elect is given, but not all.

Just what I've heard.....

·
Watchin tha world go by
8,151 Posts
2010 when after 2 yrs of 2-3T deficits no one wants ta loan us money anymore.

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
LOL people have been saying that horrible stuff is going to happen, or the world is going to end, ever since I was a kid. 20 years later and it hasn't happened yet.

Besides, isn't the point to be prepared so that whenever something hit's we'll be ready?

"In time all things shall pass away..."

·
Registered
18,814 Posts
I hope that everyone has a journal and is keeping notes on everything that's going on right now because we're watching history unfold in front of our eyes.

2008 has been the beginning of the end. In 2009 our economy is going to continue to slowly unravel. We were pinched pretty hard in 2008 and I think it's going to hurt a lot worse as we progress forward. We're going to see more bank closures, more business closure and the homeless rate is going to increase as the unemployment rate increases.

I can see the possibility of an attack of some kind in 2009 as well. Hell, they're almost coming out and telling us directly that something is going to happen.

·
Registered
475 Posts
We will need a trigger event of some kind to give the government the excuse to really implement all these Patriot Act Type laws that are being signed into Law and commissioned by Executive Order. It does seem interesting that Powell would let that out like that. Its either disinformation for those who are preparing or he is acting as any true patriot would, and trying to warn those that will here.
One more reason to stay close to home on those days...................

·
Registered
417 Posts
My bet is on for Israel to create a "False Flag" situation and escalate it into a "retribution" attack into Iran. This has gotta happen before Jan 20, I figure. The Straits of Hormuz will be mined off and the price of oil will skyrocket. Other Arab countries will drag their feet in helping stem the issue as their oil will be more expensive and in greater demand: The Arabs will distance themselves from the Iranian "Persians" and/or Ajerbajani Turks.

The only reason this hasn't happened already is because of President-in-waiting Obama's selection of Rahm Emmanuel, the son of a well known Zionist.

·
Registered
4,268 Posts
I took Biden's words as not so much being informed, but as he says 'being a student of history'. It doesn't take an intelligence briefing to realize the world is going to be looking at this younger-than-usual black man as our Commander in Chief and be wondering what he's made of and seek to test him. I think he was talking more of that than something specific.

But- we'll see... If Powell's prediction of Jan 20-21 comes to be, then I'll be more inclined to believe the tin foil hat brigade as to some sort of false flag conspiracy.

·
Registered
252 Posts
The "Canada" video is pure fantasy. I highly doubt that the person who fed him this info even lives here. And if they do, they are utterly ignorant about the workings of our parliamentary processes.
Fear mongering does nothing to help. Actual facts would be nice but this "chicken little" approach is getting tiresome.
I'm not saying that I'm going to stick my head in the sand, heck I have a decent amount of preps already. However, real, verifiable facts are FAR better than wild and unsupported accusations. Don't you think?

·
Premium Member
1,033 Posts
Senator Joe Biden, is the Chairman of the Foreign Relations Committee. He gets briefed every day, on everything, and he will, as Vice President, as well.

·
Registered
37 Posts
To add a supplement video to the original poster of this thread, I think this one ties everything together as it verifies WHAT is going to happen on the Jan. 21-22 dates Colin Powell gives (Alex Jones show featuring Ron Paul)....please listen to both audio clips in their entirety as I don't think this info should be taken lightly:

·
Registered
15 Posts
This is pretty scary stuff, I'd seen the first two videos before. Also here's a new Fox News article on the economy-
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2008/12/07/obama-economy-worse-improves/

The "Canada" video is pure fantasy. I highly doubt that the person who fed him this info even lives here. And if they do, they are utterly ignorant about the workings of our parliamentary processes.
Fear mongering does nothing to help. Actual facts would be nice but this "chicken little" approach is getting tiresome.
I'm not saying that I'm going to stick my head in the sand, heck I have a decent amount of preps already. However, real, verifiable facts are FAR better than wild and unsupported accusations. Don't you think?
Pure fantasy? I think not.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/canada/3568990/Canadian-leader-suspends-Parliament-to-keep-power.html

·
Registered
143 Posts
You people are hopelessly paranoid. Do you even understand the situation in Canada? Do you even understand the political system of Canada? Do you even have a rudimentary understanding of economics? I truly doubt it.

·
Banned
6,670 Posts
I think that when he said "pure fantasy" he was referring to the perceived implications of what is happening on the Canadian political scene and not to the fact that it is happening.

It's true, the Canadian Parliament has been prorogued (which is a fancy way of saying adjourned) and when it reconvenes at the end of January there is the possibility that the current government will fall and be replaced with a leftist coalition.

The implications that all of this was planned to the degree that it has come to pass is where the fantasy is. To understand why that is not quite possible you have to understand how Canadian politics and government functions work.

Canada has a Parliamentary Democracy. They don't elect a president or even their Prime Minister. The country is split into ( I think) 308 electoral regions that are called ridings. The people who live in each of these ridings elect a representative from one of the three or four parties that exist in Canada.

At the end of the (election) day, which ever party has the most elected representative forms the government and the leader of that party becomes the Prime Minister.

If the party with the most votes got 50%+1 of the ridings, they call that a majority government and they can rule without any agreement on political issues from the opposition parties.

If they got less than 50% of the ridings (but still more than each of the other parties) they call it a minority government and in order to pass any of the new legislation in Parliament, they have to get some of the opposition members to vote with the governing party.

The current government is 11 or 12 seats shy of a majority in the Parliament so they are a minority government.

The current political strife is due to the fact that the opposition parties wanted to get together and form a coalition (thus outnumbering the party with most votes) and take over the country.

Technically that is legal, but so is what the Canadian Prime Minister did. He adjourned Parliament for 6 weeks and that gives him some room to maneuver and maybe save his minority government.

It is nowhere near as sinister as that YouTube video is making it out to be and for the Prime Minister to do what the guy in the video is accusing him of planning to do, it would be political suicide.

·
Registered
417 Posts
I guess it's still good that here, at home, I just have dial up and haven't been able to view a single video (I'll do that at work!). But, with a nod to Badjuju, what does Canada do that even basically affects us, today? [As an aside: tomorrow Canada will have all the good water remaining in the world]

Back to the call of this thread: Our problems are with the Israeli lobbyists and reality in the Middle East, not with our passive neighbors on our shoulders.

·
Only Half Human
533 Posts
A terrorist attack similar to that in the series Jericho will happen soon. The clues are everywhere. If Israel goes against Iran the nulear and biological attack will happen.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts