Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Land of the free my....
2,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's on the outdoor channel and seems to have a wealth of knowledge and many parts of the show are related to prepping.

Just thought I'd bring the program up.

Craig

·
Founder
16,867 Posts
I have heard a lot about that show, guess I'am gonna have to sit down and watch one.

·
Maximus
12,320 Posts
You missed it last season then, they devoted the whole season to different disaster preparedness. They had a segment on bug out bags, bugging in, natural desaster, man-made disasters, building preps etc. They have gone back to the standard defense strategies. But if you can catch last season, it was all about prepping for disaster.

·
Ding... Thanks for playin
4,922 Posts
I have every episode on DVR... It is a good show with good info.
I also watch/record American Guadian & Personal Defense TV

Lots of good info, funny how sometimes people here on the board want to fight with you over test shown on the show... :eek:

The BIGGEST debate is #6 or #71/2 birdshot for home protection... The shows all of them say it works...:thumb:

I'll leave it at that...:taped:

·
Good news everyone
524 Posts
Yeah, the entire wednesday evening line up is pretty good and is sponsored by midway. I didn't see it this week, but they usually run them again into the early morning.

·
I drink your milkshake!
1,850 Posts
Right now I have "Tactical Arms", "Tactical Impact", "Handguns" and "Guns and Ammo TV" on my DVR from the Sportsman Channel.

I'll have to check out Best Defense as well.

·
Maximus
12,320 Posts
The BIGGEST debate is #6 or #71/2 birdshot for home protection... The shows all of them say it works...:thumb:

Aaahhh correction: The shows never "say it works" outright, what they do say is that it does not overpenetrate and illustrates that with drywall, bookshelf, refrigerator and other types of shots. They also sometimes say that it is a consideration when living in apartments with thin walls. But they never outright advocate or denounce birdshot use either way. At least that I have seen. But I could have missed an episode.

·
Land of the free my....
2,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
You missed it last season then, they devoted the whole season to different disaster preparedness. They had a segment on bug out bags, bugging in, natural desaster, man-made disasters, building preps etc. They have gone back to the standard defense strategies. But if you can catch last season, it was all about prepping for disaster.
I guess the ones I have seen were from last season. The ones that you have mentioned are what I have seen so far. I have the program set to record and watch it as I have time.

The NRA has a decent line up on Wednesdays.
Agreed :thumb:

I have every episode on DVR... It is a good show with good info.
I also watch/record American Guardian & Personal Defense TV
Have those recorded too, and the best part is my wife likes watching them as well.

Lots of good info, funny how sometimes people here on the board want to fight with you over test shown on the show... :eek:

I don't remember which program it was, but they shot thru all sorts of items (sheet rock displays, etc..) to see how far rounds penetrated. Very informative.

Another channel I like to watch when I have an opportunity is RFDTV.
Craig

·
Maximus
12,320 Posts
I guess the ones I have seen were from last season. The ones that you have mentioned are what I have seen so far. I have the program set to record and watch it as I have time.
Yea that was a great season for us preppers. The new season is still good, and works a lot on situational awareness. That is one reason I like this show a lot. Many other shows tend to forget this aspect and just focus on shooting strategies. Just know that they are done with the survival preparedness theme for now though.

·
Registered
320 Posts
I watch/record it every week. Not a big fan of their unarmed techniques, or some of the scenarios they play out, but overall it's a very good show.

·
Maximus
12,320 Posts
Not a big fan of their unarmed techniques
You know, I have been in martial arts for over 20 years now. Most of it kung fu and some escrima/kali. And as I get older, the more I appreciate the techniques are simple and to the point.

I have to say that for it's purposes, the empty hand "cycling" techniques shown on that show are great. But remember, intended purposes are to show someone who has little hand to hand experience or limited strength/ability to be consistent and effective in fighting off a threat. I think the large gross motor skills they illustrate fits that purpose well.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts