Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Mene, Mene, Tekel u-Phars
22 Posts
Thanks. I fear it is just another attempt to make all preppers appear to be radical nutbags.

They've made "survivalist" a term that people associate with "crazy". Now they are working on "prepper".

·
Destroyer of Karen
11,279 Posts
http://channel.nationalgeographic.com/episode/doomsday-preppers-6202/Overview

The end of the world did not come for Judgment Day followers expecting the rapture in May 2011. But a question remains: who are these people who continuously fear a forthcoming end of the world, and who obsessively prepare themselves and their loved ones for the worst? They are called "Preppers", like Peter Larson who built an underground bunker where he and his family can retreat during a nuclear attack.

Looks like a nice slant will be put on things :(

·
Banned
301 Posts
It's Nat. Geo. You expected something objective?
Great point! We all know that National Geographic is nothing more than the liberal mouthpiece for the intellectual elite who lull all right-thinking people into complacency through the clever use of whale pictures. Glad someone is clever enough to see through their smokescreen and call them out!

Maybe now we can remove this Communist rag from dentist offices throughout America.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Great point! We all know that National Geographic is nothing more than the liberal mouthpiece for the intellectual elite who lull all right-thinking people into complacency through the clever use of whale pictures. Glad someone is clever enough to see through their smokescreen and call them out!

Maybe now we can remove this Communist rag from dentist offices throughout America.
Nat Geo has always been a quality publication, which I have enjoyed for over fifty years. In recent years, their TV productions in particular have displayed a marked leftward slant. In many ways, it IS a liberal mouthpiece for the intellectual elite, though they are not using any smokescreen that I can see.
In the meantime, I give my grandchild and great-nephews a gift subcription to Nat Geo Kids every Christmas.

·
Registered
695 Posts
well i heard that the Russians are building bomb shelters for their citizens in Moscow, not just the elite, but for everyone.
are they preppers? are they crazy?
on the other hand, america's elite are building underground shelters and stocking them with food but not for the citizens, its for themselves...

·
Never too old to learn!
187 Posts
The Moscow subway is awesome. It was built to be a giant bomb shelter for the city.

A ride on the giant escalators in and out of it is a real experience.

·
Banned
301 Posts
Nat Geo has always been a quality publication, which I have enjoyed for over fifty years. In recent years, their TV productions in particular have displayed a marked leftward slant. In many ways, it IS a liberal mouthpiece for the intellectual elite, though they are not using any smokescreen that I can see.
In the meantime, I give my grandchild and great-nephews a gift subcription to Nat Geo Kids every Christmas.
Really? Because when I went on a National Geographic tour in Alaska, they prohibited their naturalist guides from even talking about global warming even though the evidence of disappearing glaciers was all around us. That doesn't strike me as an organization with a leftist agenda. It strikes me as an organization that goes to absurd lengths to ignore the obvious in order to avoid offending people.

If you have a specific example of their leftist propaganda, I'm all ears.

·
Registered
87 Posts
National Geographic has been working on this documentary for the past several months. I was contacted by them to participate, but declined because I was not sure about going 'that' public, regarding prepping, even though I want to get the message out. I just didn't like the idea of a crew coming into our home and videoing whatever preps we may have. No matter how minimal or complete any of those areas may be.

From what I heard from someone who DID participate, it wasn't as bad to participate as I was fearful of.

From talking to the NG people, it seems that *wanted* to get a variety of prepper lifestyles on their show. So, I'll be watching. I hope they do justice to the topic and it makes others think.

I know that other networks are also very interested in this topic, as well, including: Learning Channel and History Channel. -k

1 - 14 of 14 Posts