Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
I have control issues
6,131 Posts
Since I have livestock (cattle, goats and poultry, and used to have horses) I have an endless supply of manure to use as fertilizer, which is all I use. Now, if someone goes out and pees in the manure pile, then we might get some diluted urine in there.....

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Since I have livestock (cattle, goats and poultry, and used to have horses) I have an endless supply of manure to use as fertilizer, which is all I use. Now, if someone goes out and pees in the manure pile, then we might get some diluted urine in there.....
if im outside I pee on the compost pile ,its urea or mostly nitrogen if you are using manure they pee too so its getting into the manure

·
Registered
34,722 Posts
Started doing it this spring. Got a "special bottle" near the toilet.

Previously I have intentionally wandered over to the berries or trees.

I almost started a thread asking "how much was too much"

I know some fertilizers can cause leaf but not potato tuber growth (As one example) when overly applied

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ohhhhh...I'd love some of that poop on site. I have to buy poop and haul it.

·
Registered
5,525 Posts
I used to apply it 10:1 on non edible parts of plants like corn, but it seemed to do more harm than good. Now I apply it full strength to the bare ground in the winter. In the summer I apply it to my grass with a liquid fertilizer injector in my irrigation water. Then my grass clippings go in the garden as mulch.

·
Wile E Coyote, Genius.
33,912 Posts
Bernard Moitessiere started a homestead on a never before inhabitied coral reef in the S Pacific somewhere.

He dropped off a couple loads of dirt with his sailboat and started gardening.

He said he used their bodily wastes as well and said it was the best fertilizer on earth.

He was also a little "different". But I do find the grass grows really lush and green where I take a wizzz beside my little barn.

·
Survivor
16,528 Posts
Bernard Moitessiere started a homestead on a never before inhabitied coral reef in the S Pacific somewhere.

He dropped off a couple loads of dirt with his sailboat and started gardening.

He said he used their bodily wastes as well and said it was the best fertilizer on earth.

He was also a little "different". But I do find the grass grows really lush and green where I take a wizzz beside my little barn.
You do have to be very cautious with human feces but If it is treated properly it can work. I would be very reluctant to use it on anything but maybe trees.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Started doing it this spring. Got a "special bottle" near the toilet.
I can see it now. An accident unfortunate accident around the home. Say you cut yourself and an ambulance had to be called. :( They find that you are bleeding, carrying a handgun and forgot to stash the long gun behind the door. Then they see the bottles of pee. Psych unit shows up. You are wondering why you are handcuffed to the hospital bed. Cop with serial killer files is in the chair beside you flipping pages.:eek:

Buy a bag of fretilizer. It's pretty cheap.:thumb:

·
Registered
34,722 Posts
I can see it now. An accident unfortunate accident around the home. Say you cut yourself and an ambulance had to be called. :( They find that you are bleeding, carrying a handgun and forgot to stash the long gun behind the door. Then they see the bottles of pee. Psych unit shows up. You are wondering why you are handcuffed to the hospital bed. Cop with serial killer files is in the chair beside you flipping pages.:eek:

Buy a bag of fretilizer. It's pretty cheap.:thumb:
Got bags of 2 different types in the shed. 13-13-13 and I forget the other.
(It keeps turning up that I "alpha strategy" well. )

My Vol FD Lt. Who is also a paramedic just called me looking for a carry gun for his buddy. (2 of his son's are EMT'S and I found a Glock for one of them.) he carries a Glock or a kimber 1911.

The 1x I needed an ambulance I just called him to come get me and we skipped the ambulance.

I am not the only one on the Vol FD who shows up with a pistol.
One time a guys fell out his holster and we spent more time looking For it than putting out the fire!

Often our meetings will turn into "show and tell"

...it's nice living in the country!

Oh: and I'm told it matters, you should dump the bottle within 24 hours. So there's just one bottle.:thumb:

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
A friend of mine used to have a citrus tree which was not very healthy. Someone told her husband that he needed to pee around the tree, so he did. The next season the tree was heaps healthier and the had plenty of fruit.
And Bob's your uncle... just like that! Did the friend have an old motorcycle?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts