Survivalist Forum banner
41 - 60 of 81 Posts

·
Banned
1,092 Posts
Venezuala/Mexico invade..............???!!!

You talking two of the poorest militaries in the western hemisphere. Even for laughs if they teamed up together to attack the U.S. they would be wiped out in less few days. If that long.

North Korea is only a danger to South Korea. If they can get past thier ongoing famine and their wrecked economy. They don't have a fleet to cross the Pacific nor would we let them.

Same with Iran their a spit and bailing wire army at best and the will only be a threat to the Middle East.

Only China and Russia have the man power, natural and manufacturing resources and military might if they were given the chance.

Russia looks as if their resorting back to there Cold war ways and wanting to back to communism. That and there trying to modrenize there military but not with any decernable growth twords old pre cold war levels.

If the Military goverment got their way Tiwain and most of the Pacific rim would be in very real danger. But at the same time U.S. wouldn't take it lying down. Involment in the conflict would be assured. But if they kept the U.S miltary busy trying to save the mainland U.S. or even managed to kill it their would be on hell of a fight.

Of course the things that keeps China at bay is the lucritive trade and are vast 6000+ nuclear weapons also keeps China numerical superiourity managable.

Rifleman 336

·
Only Half Human
533 Posts
I think a "terrorist attack" will happen before the next president is sworn in. There was a rumor on the net right after 9-11 that the terrorists had suitcase nukes that were missing from the breakup of the USSR in 8 cities in the USA for years. I would expect an attack like that to happen. Any invasion would be Russian,Chinese and assorted other countries after the terrorist attack. The Chinese have had control of the Panana Canal for years now. There have been reports of Chinese troops in Mexico as well.

·
Wild Edibles Expert
10,167 Posts
N. Korea is too fragile to mount a full fledge war, and if they did China just might see an opportunity to take it over. An axis of Iran and Venezuela is a worry. But the bull in the China shop is China. China will do what it wants. Period. And if it wants to wipe out the US, it will.

·
Proud "Neo-Confederate"
2,124 Posts
I agree with alot of you who have already posted, the only Countries who have the power to even think about invading us are China and Russia. And even they would be stretched pretty damn thin to get a large enough attack force here to make a dent. They would have to stage somewhere in South America and build up forces and equipment before they had enough to attack and by then i am sure the jig would be up. Any buildup of that size would be recognized Imediately and the S would surely HTF.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
How many Chinese troops could you get on a cargo ship that has been modified to carry people instead of cargo? Just weld container walls over the modified portion so unless you actually get on board to inspect you wont know the difference. Drop anchor in Mexico and stage troops close to the border. Wait for tactical nuke strikes on NYC,Chicago,L.A., Atlanta and most large military bases. In the confusion they invade.

Yeah its flawed but possible.

·
Only Half Human
533 Posts
I think you are pretty close there tackleberry.Fewer than 10% of all containers are inspected. The other possibility is waiting for a civil war to start here. If Obama gets assasinated or something else happens to get the populace riled up. Terrorist strike. Then invasion. With all the illeagle immigrants that come in every year. If just 5% were soldiers in disguise.

·
CHEERS :p
1,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
thanks guys this thread is going way better than I imagined

keep it comming I love reading everyones Point of view

·
Proud "Neo-Confederate"
2,124 Posts
How many Chinese troops could you get on a cargo ship that has been modified to carry people instead of cargo? Just weld container walls over the modified portion so unless you actually get on board to inspect you wont know the difference. Drop anchor in Mexico and stage troops close to the border. Wait for tactical nuke strikes on NYC,Chicago,L.A., Atlanta and most large military bases. In the confusion they invade.

Yeah its flawed but possible.
Oh im not disagreeing that it is possible, but you agree that it is flawed no? I was simply saying it would be a stretch.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Oh im not disagreeing that it is possible, but you agree that it is flawed no? I was simply saying it would be a stretch.
A hell of a stretch. I thought about this after reading some paper that supposedly outlined what China,Russia and S.America would do with the USA if they ever decided to team up and take us out. My scenario for getting troops into the US wasn't in that but it did discuss China and Mexico working together to form an invasion of the south west of America and then move north east as the Russians took out Canada and the northern portion of America. They would then divide the country up giving Mexico/S.America the south west and China and Russia would get the farm lands.

·
Unlocked and loaded
1,161 Posts
Watcher, open your eyes.

While invasion is possible, insomuch as I wouldn't rule it out, it falls well below the threshold of what is more probable and possibly occuring.

Moderen warfare has morphed into low intensity insurgency, warfare by a thousand cuts...
Peter
I don't know where you live but here in Nevada I see the illegals multiply daily,
open your eye's. We are being invaded now, every day more illegal mexicans move in and breed like rabbits to have legal american children. In 20 years the white american will be the minority in this country. It is a planed invasion, and most of the american public is to blind to see. Now I fear it may already be to late. :(

·
Registered
755 Posts
I too believe that we are looking in the wrong places for our invasion such as China and N.Korea. I say we should look at our so called neighbors and "allies".
Venezuela is not our friend, and neither is Mexico. The fact remains that the majority of 9-11 attackers were Saudi's, the same people who dump billions of dollars into madrasses all over the globe to teach islamic fundamentalism. They would profit from if not directly invading but sponsering an invasion from a South American country like Venezuela , invasion by proxy into the US. They could get rid of the so called great Satan of the world. I could see Iran, Saudi and Russia footing the bill, logistics, and weapons to Mexico and Venezuela and even Cuba to deploy missles and have infantry invade.

·
Registered
18,814 Posts
Don't you think EVERY rich/powerful civilization in history also thought this ? --And yet they were conquered!
Just because we have the power, doesn't mean it would be used or used properly. Generals don't personally/individually have the authority to order a nuclear strike. What then if you had a very weak President (Obama?) who hesitated to give the order for a quick and vital defensive/retaliatory nuclear strike in response to an attack on us? (i.e. Heard of Nostradamus' prediction?--only one little example) Then while being attacked by nukes as a diversion, and having internal riots or chaos, and most of our military overseas, then the real attack comes (i.e. China or whoever). You still think it's not possible? --Again, please read some history.
Nostradamus predicted the next antichrist would be a man of power who came from the east... Obama spent his youth in Indonesia... an Antichrist as president... THAT WOULD be an attack on America

·
Registered
18,814 Posts
I too believe that we are looking in the wrong places for our invasion such as China and N.Korea. I say we should look at our so called neighbors and "allies".
Venezuela is not our friend, and neither is Mexico. The fact remains that the majority of 9-11 attackers were Saudi's, the same people who dump billions of dollars into madrasses all over the globe to teach islamic fundamentalism. They would profit from if not directly invading but sponsering an invasion from a South American country like Venezuela , invasion by proxy into the US. They could get rid of the so called great Satan of the world. I could see Iran, Saudi and Russia footing the bill, logistics, and weapons to Mexico and Venezuela and even Cuba to deploy missles and have infantry invade.
Scenario: Saudi gets their alli Venezuella to attack us,,, all out war, we are forced to invade and whipe out their war machine... that would include their oil fields. The US NEVER takes absolute control of a country we invaded during a war. Instead we spend our resources rebuilding it. We just wiped out a major player in opec, giving Saudi the edge in oil production, allowing them to set oil priced unilaterally. The dems have crippled our ability to harvest our own crude so we would be at the mercy of the saudis...

Does that sound all that far fetched?

·
Registered
18,814 Posts
You talking two of the poorest militaries in the western hemisphere. Even for laughs if they teamed up together to attack the U.S. they would be wiped out in less few days. If that long.

North Korea is only a danger to South Korea. If they can get past thier ongoing famine and their wrecked economy. They don't have a fleet to cross the Pacific nor would we let them.

Same with Iran their a spit and bailing wire army at best and the will only be a threat to the Middle East.

Only China and Russia have the man power, natural and manufacturing resources and military might if they were given the chance.

Russia looks as if their resorting back to there Cold war ways and wanting to back to communism. That and there trying to modrenize there military but not with any decernable growth twords old pre cold war levels.

If the Military goverment got their way Tiwain and most of the Pacific rim would be in very real danger. But at the same time U.S. wouldn't take it lying down. Involment in the conflict would be assured. But if they kept the U.S miltary busy trying to save the mainland U.S. or even managed to kill it their would be on hell of a fight.

Of course the things that keeps China at bay is the lucritive trade and are vast 6000+ nuclear weapons also keeps China numerical superiourity managable.

Rifleman 336
Days to wipe them out... thats exactly what they said about Iraq... SIX YEARS AGO...

·
Registered
226 Posts
How do you know we haven't been invaded already? We have 12-20 million illegals in our borders at this moment. Couldn't some of them be saboteurs backed by Venezuela. Our infrastructure is open to attack all around the country. They could easily attack fuel depots, water plants, pipelines, railheads, docks, bridges and countless other targets.

Perhaps someone could tell me the exact number of transportation bridges that cross the Mississippi, I believe it's around 200 and that includes rail bridges. Not to hard to slice our country in half. Could the Eastern half survive for very long w/o the food deliveries that come from the West?

Just sayin.

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
HUGO CHAVEZ He is the only guy on this side of the planet with the guns and an army to do it. He also has 150 F-16 fighters and some shiney new migs. Oh and all the oil he needs.
LOL!!!

So you really expect that Venezuela will embark on a military adventure to invade USA???

·
Registered
18,814 Posts
If a country ever did envade USA, they would have to deal with the civilians with guns as well as the armed forces.
I concur. It would be suicidal to invade our soil for that very reason.

There would be too many unpredictable factors. You would see guerrilla warfare on a MASSIVE scale.

You would probably see 'factions' of individuals unite in the effort to expel any aggressor, who normally are at diametric odds with one another.

Additionally, I am certain that there are plenty of weapons of unknown type out there which can be used with devastating effectiveness against an aggressor.

You have MANY who are ex-military veterans, who know tactics and ground strategies and who know how to operate military equipment.

I am one of them.

·
CHEERS :p
1,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
so my wife and I sat down and read this thread together......we both agree in thinking that if anything, terrorism would be a most likely form of attack during the financial crisis....

·
Proud "Neo-Confederate"
2,124 Posts
I concur. It would be suicidal to invade our soil for that very reason.

There would be too many unpredictable factors. You would see guerrilla warfare on a MASSIVE scale.

You would probably see 'factions' of individuals unite in the effort to expel any aggressor, who normally are at diametric odds with one another.

Additionally, I am certain that there are plenty of weapons of unknown type out there which can be used with devastating effectiveness against an aggressor.

You have MANY who are ex-military veterans, who know tactics and ground strategies and who know how to operate military equipment.

I am one of them.
:thumb: same here

·
TrailBlazer
734 Posts
The most likely scenario of foreign troops on U.S. soil would be for us to have a complete collapse, breakdown or serious turmoil in the states. The good ol gov. would declare martial law and UN troops would be requested to maintain order and control the populace.

Scary thought but possible in my opinion.

41 - 60 of 81 Posts