• Maybe

Votes: 7 4.4%
  • Not Sure

Votes: 1 0.6%
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
I love this *****
33,879 Posts
If McCain's campaign is screwed it's because McCain is McCain. He plays both sides. He's a two-faced insider. You know when he's lying...it's when his lips are moving. Palin probably helped his campaign but I doubt that she will be enough to put McCain over the top.

·
DIY RPG's
1,667 Posts
i think palin is gonna help mcCain get more of the old i think like i'm still in high school vote. as in palin is cool and better looking than biden.

sorta helps steal some of obamas thunder if you will.

·
I love this *****
33,879 Posts
This whole campaign from both sides is one big sleeping pill. Two duds who have no business in the White House. I just want it over with so I don't have to listen to the completely lame TV and radio ads.

·
How's it with stains?
283 Posts
This whole campaign from both sides is one big sleeping pill. Two duds who have no business in the White House. I just want it over with so I don't have to listen to the completely lame TV and radio ads.
I agree. Turn the TV off!! If more people watched less TV we'd have a better shot at getting someone in office who's actually read the Constitution.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
McCain screwed his campaign when he decided to run. Picking Sarah Palin was just one of many in a line of things that makes John McCain, John McCain. The only way he will win is by the same way Bush won.. Rigged voting.. yet America STILL can't find the motivation to push for standardized voting equipment that issues a receipt..

Ron Paul was the only choice for a pro-constitution President we've had in a long time.

·
Registered
784 Posts
John McCain lost when he sold his soul to the Karl Rove Neocons to get the nomination. If the John McCain of 2000 was in this race, it would be a whole different story.

·
"Survivalist since Birth"
551 Posts
HA!

Sorry about that..erm.

But as to the OP I think Palin is the ONLY thing keeping the campaign from being a total landslide. Without Palin McCain would have been forgotten about by now.

·
Premium Member
2,025 Posts
HA!

Sorry about that..erm.

But as to the OP I think Palin is the ONLY thing keeping the campaign from being a total landslide. Without Palin McCain would have been forgotten about by now.
Palin's negative perception among voters has been increasing steadily since she was nominated. She is currently viewed the most negatively of the 4 Pres & VP nominees. Her tax evasion is just hitting the media, as well. McCain should have gone with Romney--at least that guy wasn't a criminal!

HippieSurvivalist

·
Registered
394 Posts
you kidden, thats all i here about is palin or mccain, when he picked her the attention went from obama right to palin and mccain that was best possible choice

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Palin was one of the most conspicuously and wantonly morally corrupt people nominated as a VP candidate in recent history and certainly everybit as incompetent as Dan Quayle.

·
I help enlighten folks
16,624 Posts
Palin was one of the most conspicuously and wantonly morally corrupt people nominated as a VP candidate in recent history and certainly everybit as incompetent as Dan Quayle.
She was the worst pick McCain could have made. A total flop, a dummy and an embarassment.

·
Happiness is 2 at low 8
1,403 Posts
Do you think McCain screwed his campaign by picking Palin?
No, his campaign was screwed from the git-go. The media was his champion in the primary because he was the one of the weakest Republican candidates in the race, but he had "name recognition" already, which would help pull in undecided indepenent voters. As soon as the primary was over the MSM turned on him like a rabid dog...

Palin was the "juice" he needed to energize his Republican base. It just wasn't enough to get it done. Personally I think he would have been better off picking Romney, but Palin had a better chance of pulling in Hillary's supporters and without having Romney's religion be come a campaign issue...

McCain also really shot himself in the foot with his "the Economy is fundamentally strong" statement a few days before the bottom dropped out. The presidential election was based on the economy, not foreign policy or the war. Regardless of what's said I think Race was a big issue with hundreds of thousands of white folks voting FOR Obama just to prove to themselves they were not prejudiced against him...

Allan

·
I help enlighten folks
16,624 Posts
No, his campaign was screwed from the git-go. The media was his champion in the primary because he was the one of the weakest Republican candidates in the race, but he had "name recognition" already, which would help pull in undecided indepenent voters. As soon as the primary was over the MSM turned on him like a rabid dog...

Palin was the "juice" he needed to energize his Republican base. It just wasn't enough to get it done. Personally I think he would have been better off picking Romney, but Palin had a better chance of pulling in Hillary's supporters and without having Romney's religion be come a campaign issue...

Allan
utter nonsense. The "base" folks that Palin appealed to would have never voted for anyone but McCain. They needed the swing votes and palin was too polarizing.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts