Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
The Over 40 Club
1,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I first started reading this group , I couldn't stop because of the wealth of information here and when I started to post , I wanted to share my opinion about everything.

I posted to lots of threads at first , and I still do occasionally, but now after being here awhile I decided I talk way to much. And once you hit that enter key its out there forever.

Or is it really out there forever ? Do all of our past post sit in a data base on some gigantic hard drive that never erases itself .

I know that this is just paranoid thinking, but you can finds tons of these post with Google alone.

I bet we all have other websites like this that we read and contribute to , as for me, I think I will just read and keep my personal beliefs and thoughts to myself, unless it is something very general and safe.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
I have been coming here for almost two years. I post way less. I think its because i have read so many things. if something new comes up I will read it

·
Registered
18,822 Posts
I've been here for a year. I don't post here half as much as what I used to and when I do, it's brief.

It's my personal opinion that the trollish activity on this board has increased tenfold and the ability of the regular posters to call it out has been strangled by the the mods.

This is a good board and I believe Kev started it with the best of intentions. I also believe that many of our good posters have been driven away by the reasons that I stated in the above paragraph.

There is a wealth of information on survival. I suggest everyone take advantage of it, download it or save it while they can.

The clock is ticking.

·
American Infidel
2,670 Posts
post less, read less... I'm with steve I can only read so many AR vs Ak, "How do I start a BOB?", 9/11 conspiracy, etc threads.

From my experience, not just on this board but all of the ones I've been a part of, the subject matter has more to do with people moving on than trolling or anything else. You can only debate .223 vs .308 so many times before you just give up and don't even bother.

I stopped posting here for a month or so recently, not because of "trolls" or how the board is run, but because 98% of the stuff here has been repeated ad nauseum.

·
Premium Member
9,224 Posts
Much more. I'm shooting to beat Dwind and AJ on their all-time post highs. :)

·
2,978 Posts
I haven't made a conscious effort to post more or less, it just depends on the topics & discussions I come across. I spend time in the majority of the categories on here but I usually don't post unless I have something positive to contribute or otherwise feel compelled.

I've never been a prolific poster anyway. I'm with those that feel a lot of the threads get redundant and I just ignore them after awhile.

That's just the nature of the beast on a site like this. With new people coming in all the time their bound to ask questions on topics that have already been discussed.

I try to read through the posts in the threads first before I comment. Often, after reading others' posts, I find that someone has already said what I was thinking of saying so I don't waste anyone's time by posting it again.

I also think some potential contributors are scared off by those among us with such pathetic little penises that they feel the need to belittle others to make themselves feel more adequate.

This is a site for education and knowledge. So some new or fairly new guy shows up and asks a question that maybe is not well thought out, or maybe he just didn't know better (because he's just now getting here and looking for that knowledge), and some jackass jumps up his ass, calls him an idiot, and proceeds to point out how stupid he was for having the thought he did. And, in what I think is a great display of karma, that guy paints everyone here with the same brush based on the actions of that one person and writes us off as a bunch of a-holes. And we all miss out on whatever potential contributions he could have made.

Just like ren-man cited for the reasons he doesn't post much anymore. I wonder how many more like him are not contributing or have just left altogether after getting their "welcome."

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
Finding I post less on relevant topics as they seem to have died down, and more rubbish. I am no longer intimidated by posting, but there's not a lot to say at this time of year of any value.

Your seasons are 6 mths off mine so I find that hard.

:)

·
Looks like rain to me.
41,429 Posts
About the same, no more or less. I usually peruse the "New Posts" a couple times a day.

I agree some of the "AR vs AK", "1911 45ACP is THE only pistol" or "Glock is #2" threads get a little redundant. But in the defense of the person posting the 99th "What should I put in my BOB" thread, the search function sucks.

And, we all need to be a bit more tolerant of the newer folks looking for help.

·
Cold Water Kayaker
1,834 Posts
And, we all need to be a bit more tolerant of the newer folks looking for help.
That is all too true, just because someone is new here doesn't mean that we have to hostile to his/her questions. If you don't want to answer the question then fine, just don't belittle the person and offer no answer..

·
Registered
367 Posts
As sgtbooker said the search s**ks type in bob bol or bov and no matches found. Try it if you don't believe me. Isn't that amazing and you wonder why post about these topic keep being asked. If you use the tag search you get results but what newbie will know this. So many of the problems are caused by the sites search feature. It takes time to learn these little tricks. So instead of jumping on the new guy tell them how to do search that gets results. Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
4,086 Posts
I don't think I post more or less but post in different sections . I used to mostly visit the preparedness and firearms sections . Now I mostly post in the general and political sections .

·
Registered
513 Posts
I never posted that much since joining almost a year ago.

Dont really post at all anymore.

Too many trolls quite frankly.

·
just waitin' for it
680 Posts
Well now that I'm the "oldest" member to post in this topic so far, let me say this... there are more new posts in a day that I can't even read them all anymore, and most of them are trolling topics anyway. There's so many newer members I feel like I'm in a small town that's grown to the size of NYC, and with all the garbage that come with a big city. I respond much less simply because there aren't too many interesting topics anymore, and you have to dig for the few good ones in a pile of crap!

There's plenty off member that have been around longer than me. I'm interested in their responses.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts