Votes: 51 69.9%
  • No

Votes: 21 28.8%
  • When not working

Votes: 2 2.7%
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you normally wear a hat or a cap when your out of your house or around town?

Edit: forgot to add "sometimes"

·
Darting from the shadows
5,760 Posts
If I'm outside then yes, I wear a cap, our sun down here burns really quickly, and living next door to a guy who's got melanoma all over his face, I wanna protect myself.

Plus I feel more comfortable, I have really short hair, so when it's hot, my head won't be burnt, and when cold, my head is warm.

·
I love this *****
33,879 Posts
When I was a truck driver, I wore a baseball cap everyday. Now that I'm getting fat sitting in an office, I no longer wear one. I do wear a boonie when I go shooting and sometimes a baseball cap when I'm working around the yard.

·
Darting from the shadows
5,760 Posts
Just popped into my idea as a poll. There was even one I saw about ice cream flavors. It nice just to do some fun ones every once and a while.
Yea, I agree, stuff like this makes a fun change.

Reactions: AncientBrit

·
Looking ahead
2,178 Posts
If I put a hat on, its on for the remainder of the day. Nothing worse than hat hair so I only wear them when I'm sure I won't be going anywhere nice.

·
I hear the bagpipes
279 Posts
For work I wear a khaki Aussie hat with khaki vest, safari shirt and bdu pants, hiking boots. I look a lot like some safari dude. I’m out in the Everglades and the bush most of the time, and the sun will burn you very quickly. So, I wear the hat for sun protection, and to keep the sun out of the eyes. It can rain here anytime also, and the wide brim is enough to let me run to the car or communications shelter to get my rain gear without getting soaked. A hat is an essential survival item. You may think it is hotter to wear one than not, but the direct sun will cook your head without it. Make sure there is a little space left in between hat and top of head. Back when I was sailing, all lifeboat drills required a wool hat to be worn even in the summer, so as to prevent hypothermia after abandoning ship.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Boonie hat to keep sun off the face & neck
pullover cap when its cool
furry thing with ear protecting flaps in winter

·
Woman Hater
1,074 Posts
Plain jane baseball cap

·
Earthwalker.
10,287 Posts
Yep the same as Jerry D,which ever hat i have on and i lost my hat once and guess were i found it,Like Jerry's it was on my head.:rolleyes:lol

·
Registered
269 Posts
I wear a various head coverings. Mostly a billiebandana (a bandana with a visor). I usually wear that when I'm carving, working around the house or going to the big city. It matches my tie dye T-shirt, bib overalls and plaid over shirt.
Hot weather fishing or tracking/hiking I wear my camo bandana. Water proof Rivers West boonie (Mossy Oak) when the rain starts, till it ends......late Sept-May.
Can also be used as a distraction device, collecting water, bandages, or any other strange needs. It is one of my most basic survival tools for cold weather or heat. It also keeps the sweat out of my eyes.
Besides it makes my receeding hair line look like a full head of hair with the pony tail sticking out the back!!!!! I promised myself long hair and a beard after I retired out of the service.:rain

·
Diamond Dog
1,504 Posts
OD/Woodland camo boonie hat or a OD Tactical baseball cap that has velcro patches on it.

·
AKA The Dragon
2,818 Posts
I wear a cap all the time outside, feel rather naked without it.
My hair is rather thin on top and sunburn up there is really painfull as some us know.

·
A Free Man
416 Posts
Dont wear headgear all that often. But when I do it varies depending on the activity.
For casual wear its either a skull cap or a USMC style field cap. I have both in various colors and patterns.
For cold weather I usually wear a wool watch cap.
For dress occassioons I am a little old school, I usually wear a black fedora style hat with a white band.

·
Proud member of GCO!
293 Posts
I wear a cap all the time but take breaks. I'll wear a cap every other day during the colder months, during the warmer seasons I buzz my head. I heard that wearing a baseball cap constantly can affect hair loss and me being 22 years old, I don't feel like losing it for a little while.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts