Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have photoshop cs4, sony vegas pro 9, sony sound forge 9 and i will offer my services for free as i like the community here...need something photoshop'd ?...or need help editing and/or adding flare to your youtube videos? or need anything to do with photo/video production just let me know and if i can do it... i will help you out at no charge...i just joined here yesterday and i love the community here...and i would like to add to the hospitality.

i am very good with computers so just ask ^_^ !!!

·
Back of beyond!
2,575 Posts
i have photoshop cs4, sony vegas pro 9, sony sound forge 9 and i will offer my services for free as i like the community here...need something photoshop'd ?...or need help editing and/or adding flare to your youtube videos? or need anything to do with photo/video production just let me know and if i can do it... i will help you out at no charge...i just joined here yesterday and i love the community here...and i would like to add to the hospitality.

i am very good with computers so just ask ^_^ !!!
pyes, I have a problem with my computer. Frequently as I try to load a page, I get a "page is unresponsive" or "mozilla is not responding". I have cleared the browsing history, emptied the caches, temp files, the whole thing, and i do it frequently. I also defragment daily. Do you have any idea of what could be my problem??

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
pyes, I have a problem with my computer. Frequently as I try to load a page, I get a "page is unresponsive" or "mozilla is not responding". I have cleared the browsing history, emptied the caches, temp files, the whole thing, and i do it frequently. I also defragment daily. Do you have any idea of what could be my problem??
hi, did you try cleaning your registry? ccleaner is a very good registry cleaner and may fix problems you may have...are you on a wireless router? that could be it also...you may have to boost your signal...you can try updating your drivers from your computers website and .dlls...its free...i think ccleaner is free also but i am not sure...if not then pm me. ;) i would not defrag daily..if you have a good cleaner like ccleaner then you can defrag weekly or monthly...and lastly it may be a worm,virus,malware or the like....what av are you running? also try dling a prgram called malwarebytes it is also free...try those and if it does not load then then write me again with more info...we will figure this out together :)

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
oh yeah also i know allot of javascript sites act screwy with firefox....this is caused by a configuration setting in Mozilla , which triggers a warning message when a page script is running too long...if you are using a slow computer, you will be more likely to get this message box...if this seems to be your problem try this...

1. Run Mozilla FireFox, and enter "about:config" in the address field. The complete list of configuration settings shows up.

2. Locate the dom.max_script_run_time setting and double click on it. A small input box shows up.

3. Enter a new setting like: "100". The unit for this setting is second. So the new setting will allow script to run for 100 seconds without any warning message.

·
Back of beyond!
2,575 Posts
hi, did you try cleaning your registry? ccleaner is a very good registry cleaner and may fix problems you may have...are you on a wireless router? that could be it also...you may have to boost your signal...you can try updating your drivers from your computers website and .dlls...its free...i think ccleaner is free also but i am not sure...if not then pm me. ;) i would not defrag daily..if you have a good cleaner like ccleaner then you can defrag weekly or monthly...and lastly it may be a worm,virus,malware or the like....what av are you running? also try dling a prgram called malwarebytes it is also free...try those and if it does not load then then write me again with more info...we will figure this out together :)
Thanks for your reply! I have two registry cleaners, and I run them daily. I have DSL, no router. I use Norton. As far as the drivers go, I just do the windows update thing weekly. I'll try the dll thing, maybe it will help. I'm thinking it may be a mild virus of some sort. I probably need to reformat, but I am unsure as to how to reinsert all of the drivers and how to re-partition the hard drive, etc. Do you think reformatting would be the way to go?

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for your reply! I have two registry cleaners, and I run them daily. I have DSL, no router. I use Norton. As far as the drivers go, I just do the windows update thing weekly. I'll try the dll thing, maybe it will help. I'm thinking it may be a mild virus of some sort. I probably need to reformat, but I am unsure as to how to reinsert all of the drivers and how to re-partition the hard drive, etc. Do you think reformatting would be the way to go?
no i dont like reformatting...i would rather hunt the virus down and remove it manually but that can be a daunting task....try my above thread first of the mozilla settings then if that dont work you can hunt or reformat
ok hope this helps and gl

·
Back of beyond!
2,575 Posts
oh yeah also i know allot of javascript sites act screwy with firefox....this is caused by a configuration setting in Mozilla , which triggers a warning message when a page script is running too long...if you are using a slow computer, you will be more likely to get this message box...if this seems to be your problem try this...

1. Run Mozilla FireFox, and enter "about:config" in the address field. The complete list of configuration settings shows up.

2. Locate the dom.max_script_run_time setting and double click on it. A small input box shows up.

3. Enter a new setting like: "100". The unit for this setting is second. So the new setting will allow script to run for 100 seconds without any warning message.
It also does this while using google chrome as my browser, and just about as frequently. I use them both, with mozilla when more secure browsing is needed.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It also does this while using google chrome as my browser, and just about as frequently. I use them both, with mozilla when more secure browsing is needed.
try this too,

C:\Documents and Settings\[Windows user account]\Application Data\ and look for "Mozilla". Delete that directory folder and then start Firefox up again.
(note: you will lose all info such as bookmarks/addons/customization of previous Firefox you had).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.