Survivalist Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about survivalism? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are looking for land in Kentucky or West Virginia. Recent events have caused the rural Virginia home I live in, to become less than ideal.

I am seeking land in West Virginia or Kentucky. Seeking 35 acre minimum, preferably more (100+ or bordered by a national forest.) Cash deal. (You want gold or sliver? We can do that as well...)

I am not a forum hound. I think human beings should deal face-to-face, not “screen-to-lie.” This is my first post on a forum of any kind about this subject. We are two couples in our mid-50’s, both with grown-and-gone kids. Our businesses are databases, ip telephony and industrial controls/electronics. We have current planet-wide solar-powered grid-independant active comms up and running (for more than 10 years now, actually) for both digital and voice. Satellite hunting and ham radio comms are lifelong hobbies.

While we would like to view properties owned and occupied by Christians, we strongly feel that sharing more than our belief in Jesus to be counter-productive in this venture. Not because our version of Sunday morning or Wednesday night looks very different from yours, it’s because splitting hairs about the Bible does nothing to make us better neighbors. Ever.

We are seeking land with good neighbors, not a congregation to join.

We have been living off grid on solar power for years. We filter and drink rain water, raise our own chickens and livestock. We can our own meat, veggies and even have been known to let others have a little Asparagus and some of last years seeds. We speak fluent Fordson (especially when equipped with a magneto)

If you think you could use a couple of Engineers who can wire a rural area for sound, grow their own food and take care of security needs very effectively, send me a way to reach you.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I'm not looking to sell my land in WV, but I am looking to develop like minded allies in this area. Im also in the IT field, and make out okay in it although it sounds like you've prospered better then I.

I would suggest a visit to my region (Monroe County WV) and if we can time it right Ill show you around. A LOT of WV is not really a place Id want to live in (example: Wyoming County WV) as its overcome with poverty and drugs, and a lack of willingness to pursue better). Monroe County (along the Virginia border) is different. There is access to good roadways and civilization on the one hand, and remote on the other.

Id like to learn more regarding solar panel usage etc and the prospect of going off grid. Basic electronics , radio communications, and other prepper knowledge bases I have at least a rudimentary handle on.

Im convinced that support networks will be crucial if things deteriorate on a national level, and im pretty sure they will.

In any case, as mentioned I'm willing to tour you around over here some. If the area doesn't meet your needs, no hard feelings. If you wanted to camp out a week or so on my land while you explore, we can arrange that too. Whatever you do I strongly suggest getting to know the locations of interest prior to buying and relocating. Too much at stake to make bad decisions.

Msg me here om the board and we can exchange email addresses if you desire.

·
Banned
651 Posts
You seem have the qualities of being a good neighbor, I'd recommend looking into Hardy County.

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
Watch the legal notices in local newspapers for Sheriff's tax auctions. Agree on Hardy, Hampshire, Mineral, Grant, Pendleton and Pocahontas counties.

·
Wayfinder
452 Posts
The northeast counties in WV have problems with deer chronic wasting disease, higher taxes, more land restrictions, and weekenders from DC.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts