Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

· Watchin tha world go by
8,134 Posts
Reactions: 357revolverfan

· 90/10 headed for 95/5
7,661 Posts
pugs,,,,dont be starting no web site lol,,, You have beter things to do with your time at this point for one and two you have not got the experience to be running one. Sounds a nice idea for younger folks but they are truly a lot of work effort and time . I would suggest you keep on learning n reading n doing what you can to hone the skills you do have and learn what ya dont.
I have to agree with Dilligaf. Direct your efforts and resources to learning and practicing what you learn, rather than worrying about a website. The world's got more than enough websites as it is...

· African Bush and Beaches
189 Posts
Depending on what type of survival senarios you are looking at, do an internet search on BUSHCRAFT. This is the fun part of it and can be practiced at home or when camping or on a days outing. The basics are shelter, warmth, fires, water, food. The topic is HUGE to mention all aspects. There are great tools that can be used and the best is to get as much practice as possible. Test your gear,maintain your geat and enjoy your gear.

· V
21,635 Posts
Read, Practice, Read, Practice, Rinse and Repeat I wouldnt make a website unless I knew LOTS about the key factors in survival, I wouldn't make a website as there are more than enough already some good some not so :upsidedown:

If you really want too go for it, but I'd suggest practicing EVERYTHING your going to write about so you know what works what doesnt and you dont come off as one of the not so good sites :thumb:

As for practical tips look at where you are and what you need to learn for yourself and start writing from there. You also might want to think about the scenario of what your writting about "Survival" and "Wilderness skills" often overlap but can be 2 seperate set's of ideals, for example " Survival" to me is to always carry a lighter or matches "Wilderness skills" you know which woods make the best friction firelighters, if I'm stuck in a survival situation I want a fire then and there, I dun wanna be rubbing sticks when alls turned to sh-t! :taped:

Just some thoughts :xeye: Goodluck with it :thumb:

· Woman Hater
1,073 Posts
Research, keep an open minded, research some more and don't be too quick to judge.

· Registered
559 Posts
I would concentrate on realistic survival type information and not combat orientated armchair commando stuff. The art of Bushcraft has a huge following now and that is probably the route I would suggest.

My advice would be to begin buying up used copies of magazines like Backwoods home Wilderness Way etc. they have a ton of realistic usefull information.

My next bit of advice would be to get out in the woods and practice, practice, practice. You can read all you want but when push comes to shove most of these skills are hands on skills and they will not be commited to memory just from reading them. You do not want to wait for an emergency to happen for you to try and implement something you have never tried.

My next bit of advise would be to begin camping (if you don't already) and take the hunters safety course and trapping course. These activities give you a legitimate reasons for being out in the woods with gear and will help you develope skills that many do not have.

Hope this helps

· Registered
18,806 Posts
"The world's got more than enough websites as it is..."
What the web needs is a site with naked girls on it!

" . I would suggest you keep on learning n reading n doing what you can to hone the skills you do have and learn what ya dont."
Like spellin!

While your ambitions are good you simply are biting off more than you can chew with a site. A wise man told me once when I was young " you have two ears and one mouth for a reason" It was good advice for a young man There is a lot of experience and advice, some good and some bad on sites like this. Listen and learn.
Oh yeah, get off the damn computer and get out side and do something to learn to survive! Good luck!

· Registered
14 Posts
if you're interested in helping people interested in bushcrafting, especially since you're a beginner, you might be better served by starting a group within your area. start small. go out with your buddies and practice your survival skills. as you guys get more proficient, invite more people, expand your outreach. once you've got more practice in and a group of like minded people, then start a website.

· Numquam Succumbe
4,175 Posts
if you're interested in helping people interested in bushcrafting, especially since you're a beginner, you might be better served by starting a group within your area. start small. go out with your buddies and practice your survival skills. as you guys get more proficient, invite more people, expand your outreach. once you've got more practice in and a group of like minded people, then start a website.
Hey Delaney!

When you read posts, in the upper left side of the posters comment, you can see the date that they posted it. I'm not trying to be a forum nazi, but, instead, just trying to point out why the OP might not respond to you. This thread, for instance, had it's last post before yours on August 1st, 2008. :)

· Registered
178 Posts
I have to agree with Dilligaf. Direct your efforts and resources to learning and practicing what you learn, rather than worrying about a website. The world's got more than enough websites as it is...
We do have enough websites, but teaching others is one of the best ways to remember how to do something. If he makes youtube type videos for his website, the knowledge will be stored better in his own mind.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.