Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been having SHTF dreams "at least once a week for the last year or so. I would always tell my wife about them if they were pretty exciting or far out. About the last two months she has started to have them too. What amazes me is that hers are very realistic. I was just wondering how many of you out there have these kind of dreams. Mabey share some of them too...:sleep::thumb:

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I keep having ones where im bugged out and having shootouts with people trying to steel my supplies. I also have the same dream over and over where me and like 3-4 other guys are going through houses looking for supplies. The houses are all trashed and on the edge of a nuke blast zone. We encounter people that are living in a few of the houses but they are all sick and messed up. I also have a weird one where me and my dad are sitting in the living room watching tv with gas masks on and the house has all the windows coverd with plastic and tape. We dont talk and just sit there. Its very sureal.

·
I'll fix it
2,548 Posts
My dreams vanish after a few moments and I can't remember them even if they were vivid. A long time back I used to keep a notebook by my bed and write them down.
There were several that came true and I would pull out the notebook and show the family that I had dreamed about it.
It kinda freaked everyone out including myself.
I don't do it now but, I'll get a Deja Vu and know I dreamed about it.
I'll try jotting some down the next few nights.

·
Inglourious Basterd
2,966 Posts
I have had several dreams about tornados that are extremely vivid in detail. And hundreds of dreams where I am trying to elude law enforcement for some reason,every time they are about to grab me,I manage to slip away.

·
BM2 Hollywood
667 Posts
Wow, I feel better now. I thought I had some real mental problems with what I dream sometimes. Mine change a little but generally deal with having to hold up in my place, no electric nothing/ running water for a long time. Sleeping on the floor, using candles at night. All the stuff up against the windows/doors for protection, keeping the windows dark, covered. Walking around with guns during the day for protection from others that don't anything but try to take what you have. Don't recall how or why it all happened, but can remember that our infrastructure as we know it has been damaged.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Mine hit just after watching movies like The Stand, Night of The Living Dead. That sort of thing.
I try to use them as way to look at what I am worried about and where I need to work more on.

·
Banned
8,012 Posts
i just had a crazy dream last night about the biggest volcanic eruption ever, it was an island volcano, and started to erupt, but then erupted so huge, like ten times the size of the island. it was like a nuclear blast. i knew the shock wave would be comming, so i ran down a hill as far away as i could and climbed into a cement basement type structure. it was weird. but yes i have TEOTWAWKI and SHTF dreams almost exclusively.

·
Registered
18,814 Posts
I had one a few weeks ago where I was trying to scare off some bad guys.
I walked out on the front porch with my .45 auto, when I pulled the trigger it made a small pop , the bullet came out and fell to the ground 3 feet in front of me.
The next morning I went out in the woods a shot a magazine off, everything was working fine. Hate dreams like that..........Alaskan....Dennis

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I keep having a dream where I try and shoot someone thats chasing me with my Glock 21. The trigger is sooooo heavy I cant pull it and I freak out. I have woke up, dropped my mag and pulled the trigger just to make sure it works....yeah those malfunctioning weapon dream suck balls.:eek::sleep:

·
ruralist
1,441 Posts
hanklet, seems you got the pick of the litter with a shtf lucid dreaming wife! Such dreams for me have been post major shtf, not during major shtf ones. Post shtf dreams rock because you are able to investigate whatever territory lies before your eyes - like characters do in zombie films and like the ozzy abbos were. What's a during shtf dream like? Anyone ever dreamed of sitting in a bunker? That could be a rather boring dream. Or is it all firefights and saving everyone you ever knew? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
18,814 Posts
Had a bunker dream awhile back.
Me and the Mrs. were visiting friends in Florida and a hurricane was headed right at us.
We all climbed into he underground shelter, which was so small that the benches we were sitting on (facing each other) our knees were rubbing each other raw.
To top it off his 11 yearold son, who is on the hyper side, was crawling around the place
like Spiderman. Glad I finally woke up........Alaskan

·
Registered
21 Posts
About two nights ago, I had a dream about a Zombie Apocalypse, and all I had was a Nagant revolver, my family and I were retreating to the attic. I arrived first, and was waiting with the revolver for them, and I saw them get taken one by one. All in all it was rather disturbing, and during the course of the dream I continued to wonder why I had a Nagant revolver. I don't even own one; and of course, my family turning into zombies was bothersome as well.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
No SHTF dreams in this head. If I have any bd ones at all, they're pretty generic. Oh, wait, there was one nuke flash a couple weeks ago..... but it didn't affect my outlook much at all. Probably more of a self-warning to stay on track and remember that plenty of the bad guys across the seas would love to watch us cook in a giant weenie roast.

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
Yes, I had a dream like that about a month ago.

Dreamed that there were tanks going down the road, people trying to flee town and trying to get food from the grocery store.

·
Registered
191 Posts
A couple weeks ago, I dreamed about a plane crashing into my neighbors house... Within minutes there were MIB securing our neighborhood into a total lock down. They were posted outside every house and no one was allowed to view or assist with the disaster. No phones, electric ect... Very strange

1 - 20 of 88 Posts