Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Father of 11 husband of 1
10,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Mine didn't.
The early ones were made of aluminum and may not keep the new Generation 2 Shield Arms Magazines in your G43x or your G48.

I contacted them today and they are aware of the issue and will gladly ship one to you for free.
If you bought it on the secondary market, you may have to send a picture of it as they would not have a record of the purchase.

·
10,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Speaking of the Gen 2 magazine, there seems to be a few differences. I have not be able to get to the range for a couple of weeks due to illness. (Not Covid, I was tested twice.)
I will do a range test soon, God willing.

The most obvious is that Gen 2 has a hole in each side to make it ambidextrous."

There is a slight modification to the lip at the feed ramp.

The follower has a different contour (and color.) I find it more difficult to load the first round with the new follower. YMMV

The round count holes seem to be in a slightly different position making it a bit easier to read.

*Note that both have 15 rounds but you have to tilt the Gen 1 a bit to see the last cartridge.
The Gen 2 seems to have fixed that.

I'm sure there must be other things but this is what I have noticed.

·
10,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Probably my last post on this unless someone has a question.
The magazines worked great, but so did the Gen 1, at least for me and my buddy who got them when I did.
The Gen 1 magazines were tough to load the first few times. I let them sit, fully loaded for a couple of weeks and they eased up a bit. I expect the Gen 2 will do the same.

I had to use a loading tool for the last few rounds but, that was true with the old ones (or most new Glock mags)
Unless I find an issue when I get the new mag release, thanks for looking.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts