Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what would happen to our supplies we've gathered over the years... would you just get rid of it all or keep it until you die and let your children take care of it...

·
Capability, not scenarios
11,960 Posts
what would happen to our supplies we've gathered over the years... would you just get rid of it all or keep it until you die and let your children take care of it...
Keep it until I die, and I expect it to be left to my children, who understand why I have done this.

·
Super Moderator and Walking Methane Refinery
68,548 Posts
I don't really worry about it. When I'm dead, I won't need the supplies. Right now, they are willed to my group since I have no kids. But if I had kids, they would inherit the supplies.

·
Registered
99 Posts
If our stock of supplies out last us they will be left for the grand-kids.

They are learning about the garden and chickens even now, we try to teach them the skills we have know so they won't have to ask "what's wrong with my squash".

·
Retired Army
5,536 Posts
Passed down, no doubt.

Al

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
My husband and I both have some interesting supplies and goods, especially when viewed as a package deal. I always imagine either I go first or we go together because I couldn't bear to leave him.

Since we have no children, I have droll little fantasies about the hypothetical estate sale and reactions to the variety of merchandise.

:)

·
Closed for the Season.
15,784 Posts
Having no kids or spouse, all my guns and supplies will probably be stolen by whoever finds my decaying body. My relatives get the real estate in my will.

·
Registered
741 Posts
My supplies are in rotation at all times, as anything else I own whoever in my family is still around can fight for what I have if they so choose. We don't just fill up buckets and stack them waiting for some event that may never happen so very little shall go to waste. My children have been taught how to cook and use what we have so I doubt there will be waste.

·
This site sucks
1,980 Posts
In your other post you say you only have a bag and will leave your parents and poke people with a stick to get supplies.
You say you only have a bag and no weapon and will kill anyone in your way of surviving.
Doubt you will be around to long. I don't even know you and I already don't like you.

·
Registered
781 Posts
At some point, if nothing happens, I can see getting rid of a lot of stuff. I have a date in mind of when I'll reassess this little hobby I've become so involved in. That said, it would be a heck of an interesting yard sale!

·
war comin, choose a side
401 Posts
Keep it, of course. How do you know something is not going to happen until the day you die? The day you get rid of your preps will be the day your shtf. I hope it will stay in the family. That way they will not have to go through as much struggle as i have had too. The" struggle" is fine with me though, i enjoy prepping. I look at it as my life insurance policy.

@danger: whenever you do decide to have that yard sale, please let me know. I will definitely be there to take some stuff off your hands. :D:

·
Pleasantly demented woman
3,760 Posts
My husband and I both have some interesting supplies and goods, especially when viewed as a package deal. I always imagine either I go first or we go together because I couldn't bear to leave him.

Since we have no children, I have droll little fantasies about the hypothetical estate sale and reactions to the variety of merchandise.

:)
I am SO going to that sale.

·
Born to prep
3,731 Posts
I have no kids my DM is OLD, my DS and BIL are libs, all of the family on dads side are dead or deadbeats and on moms side they do not like me at all. Sp the way I see it I can will them to the Navaho nation or the British crown.

·
The Cat's Pajamas
407 Posts
Everything will be left to our children. Hopefully they'll have learned enough to appreciate and continue the lifestyle we are teaching them. At the very least, I'd like to think they'd donate it to someone if they had no use for it.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts