Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious on how many people carry at home.

I for one do because home invasions happen at home even in the nicest areas. for two I have a 2 year old son so my ultra carry 1911 that is my ccw I keep on me at home because all other guns in safe cant have them laying around the house. and if you do hide them in rooms think who you have to leave behind when you run to get it wife son etc... since we all here are prepared are trying to get there are we prepared for home invasions or anything that you might not have time to run and get your gun.

·
just doin my job..
421 Posts
I unfortunately don't own a gun :( but if I did I'd carry it whereever I was aloud..

you raise a good point. 100% of home invasions happen within the home.. something to think about there :rolleyes:

and home invasions happen quite often when you think about it.. a few years back we used to live in a semi-urban area, and our house was almost broken into twice. first time, only the dog was at home; if she wasn't there they would've got in easy. the second time around my sister was home alone.. scary stuff... she called 911 and then hid in a closet with her bo staff and called us..

·
Registered
871 Posts
I have a holster that clips to the bed frame called the pillowpal right now it's home to a FEG 63 9x18 loaded with hollowpoints, surefire flashlight on night stand.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I puy my ultra carry 2 black .45 with night sights loaded with hollow points 230 grain in the clock when i lay down. if my son didnt sleep in bed with us ( i know need to brake that) i would probally just put it under the pillow or try the pillow holster you talk about.

·
Watchin tha world go by
8,151 Posts
outside -- yea
insidse-- close at hand

·
Banned
486 Posts
I CC outside always and I dont usauly carry in the house but I will have a pistol on the kitchen table and one in the living room and one in the bedroom. So there always at hand if needed. My big dog gives me enough warning and that boys hearing is great so 9 times out of 10 I dont hear it he will. I usualy lock my doors while im outside and while im in.

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
This reminds me of a funny family story. My sister was getting married and didn't want my father to wear his pistol into the church. My father told her, "Either you carry a gun or you don't." :) And he wore his pistol to the wedding. Thankfully it wasn't needed.

·
*** Forgives, I don't
1,369 Posts
One of the few times I was unarmed while working in the yard I had a incident occur that involved a naked man on my property. I live in a very rural area and this was totally unexpected. He was on drugs and very combative, It taught me a very valuable lesson. As soon as I get my boots on a .38 snub goes into the back pocket of my jeans.

·
I love this *****
33,879 Posts
Just got my CCW so will be carrying out of the house always. I carry my handgun into whatever room I'm in while at home. I especially keep it close at hand when I'm taking a shower where I am the most vulnerable.

Reactions: spartakis

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
I usually have my 45 in the back of my pants. There are others scattered around the house. I always keep the doors locked while we are inside and if I'm outside ony the door I can see stays unlocked.

My German Shepard helps as well.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts