Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I was trying to get a new passport and ended up on the US Passport Now website. It advertised as an expedited passport service.

So, I went through the process, paid what I thought was the fees for the passport, got to the last page... and found out that I still had to go through all of the regular steps with the government application process (including paying for it). The last page of the process was one big link to the US Government Passport page, gave links to the required government passport pages, links to the mailing instructions...

So what did I pay for?

BS. That's what.

This site is straight BS. DO NOT USE THIS "SERVICE"!!!

Afterwards I googled them, found out how many other people got scammed by this site. They have a 24 hour partial refund if cancelled, but you have to get them on the phone, email won't work. When I emailed them to cancel (I'm in a totally different time zone) their automated response was:

"Thank you for contacting US PASSPORT NOW. One of our customer service associates will respond to any of your questions or concerns with in 48 hours. For immediate service please contact us at 800-881-2464 between the hours of 9am and 6pm EST. We look forward to helping you with your US Passport needs.

Sincerely,

US PASSPORT NOW

Disclaimer: US PASSPORT NOW does not accept cancellation requests by email. Please contact us during normal business hours to submit a request."

Notice that 48 hours to get back to you? If you don't cancel within 24 hours you get no refund. Yeah, notice that disclaimer at the bottom? What kind of legitimate service would have a cancellation comment at the bottom of an automated email response?

I fell for it, I was stupid. Don't make my mistake, don't use this service.

·
Adventurer
19,333 Posts
FYI next time just go to your local post office they do all the passport stuff and you can pay to have it expedited cuts waiting time in half just saying.

third parties are always a rip off

·
Go Forward With Courage.
3,056 Posts
FYI next time just go to your local post office they do all the passport stuff and you can pay to have it expedited cuts waiting time in half just saying.

Be'in as the wife is smarter than me she went to the Post Office in town and filled out them there papers and then took me to Wallie World to get a pic of my handsome manly spectacular face. If I was vain I'd tell you how good I look.

·
Scandinavian survivor
4,106 Posts
I´m lost for words... So you come to a survivalist page to tell us not only that you are incapable of obtaining a simple government document but also how you got ripped off while paying someone else? I´m not American but who hard can it be?

Son, you can´t even get a damn passport, how do you expect to survive SHTF?!?

Oh, thats right, thats why you came here.

·
Banned
8,064 Posts
any and every time I give personal and financial info away, especially on the Internet, I google the company. I've found that most of the time that it is a scam of some kind, usually drawing money from your bank in a monthly ongoing basis.

·
gagged
3,833 Posts
Just so you know that telling someone not to use a company on the web can get you sued.
You can present facts such as: it is not neccessary to pay this company, you can get the same services for free by going to:
Once you say do not use them they are a rip off you are no longer printing undisputable facts you are printing opinion which can get you sued, they may or may not win but it is a big hassell.
I have been sued for internet liable, I did not lose but it was a big hassell.

·
Registered
4,572 Posts

Farmer, I have to argue this one. I had a very good experience getting a China (PRC) visa while cooling my heels for a day in Hong Kong. They knew the ropes and I didn't. It cost me about $35 I think.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts