Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Dog Whisperer
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The one item that I overlooked, and wish I had more of is Clorox wipes. I have a few, but not definitely not enough. I haven't been able to find wipes, disinfectant, hydrogen peroxide or rubbing alcohol in any stores or online sites.

I have a couple bottles of rubbing alcohol that I bought early on for cleaning my thermometer if I have to use it. I picked up some essential oil to give it a nice scent.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I found a DIY recipe for disinfectant as follows:
*1 1/2 cups Hydrogen Peroxide
*1/2 cup Rubbing Alcohol (60% or more) or a pure grain alcohol like Everclear (120 proof or higher)
*10–15 drops of Lemon, Tea Tree, Thieves, or Citrus Fresh essential oils

What are other folks using?
Any recommendations?

·
Forum Administrator
16,845 Posts
tI am using bleach for cleaning counter tops here and the house, and everclear in refilled hand sanitizer bottles.

A dozen 2 ounce pump spray bottles are on the way that I plan on filling with Everclear. This will be for keeping in the car... etc. The other day I went to the grocery store, and before I handled the buggy I sprayed the handle down with Everclear.

·
Registered
5,886 Posts
Bleach or vinegar should not be used on stone countertops. Alcohol is good. I was going to spray my cart down with rubbing alcohol but store is washing carts and i was directed to a fresh one early morning.
I'm not sure everclear is even legal in washington anymore, it used to be priced like premium liquor.
I tried wiping down phones and touchscreens but to avoid damage i put away and try to only handle after washing hands.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Just wash your hands and buy a a double barrel shotgun. Masks, PPE, and everything else are not needed. <= according to the international and domestic geniuses

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
I've seen wet wipes made from a roll of blue shop towels cut in half. the inner cardboard tube pried out. Then soaked in the appropriate solution. It is all kept in a plastic coffee can. with the cardboard tube pried out, sheets can be pulled out through the center.

Also thee are some HVAC coil cleaners that work as a disinfectant. They are around 15 dollars a gallon and then get mixed with water to a proper dilution. I bough a couple gallns and in the paperwork it said it was suitable for hospital use.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts