Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is your plan for division of labor resources? How many people doing what for how many hours a day, week, ect.

·
Never Give up
7,579 Posts
As long as it takes. Sounds harse but thats how we got where we are now. Retired at 44 have over 800 acres of land and its all payed for in one of the best looking and safest places in America. While my high school friends were going to school I was doing school and working 50 hours a week. After I started working 80 to 90 hours a week. Think about that thats like working 2+ regular jobs. It was sure nice for all the extra money. Well same applies for all of life. You can sit around and do nothing or work your buy off and have what you really need.

·
Capability, not scenarios
11,956 Posts
That's hard to say without knowing who will be here. I've prepped for seven, but don't know what we'll have. Further, I'm hoping we can create alliances with neighbors; hard to do right now without violating OPSEC, but I have reason to believe some of them are possibilities.

·
Registered
9,565 Posts
simple:

You got food, you eat. No food, you either work or else be the responsibility of those who have food if you can't and they care about you.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Thats something you figure out fast. Fat and lazy get left behind. One thing there is gonna be plenty of is time to do what is needed when there is next to no entertainment or electronic diversions. It will work itself out, you work you don't starve. You starve you no longer have to work but become fertilizer for the gardens.

·
To the surface!
8,012 Posts
I will supervise while others do the manual labor. :D:

Seriously, I can't do hard manual labor - at least not for very long. Not only am I not in shape to do it (my fault, I intend to work on that), but my back and neck are damaged to the point where manual labor is pretty much something that would put me down after a day or two - and there is not much I can do about that.

So I will just have to rely on stocking up supplies and offering my knowledge, smarts and experience - it has worked so far (I make a good living at it).

·
Gone for Good
2,899 Posts
Dividing up the work is one thing. Who is going to train these people so they do the job right,don't waste resources or burn the house down?

We had some very good friends house sit for 6 weeks and they had some interesting expieriences. They told us they knew how to start a fire,load & adjust the woodstove. They were clueless and cold until they emailed me for detailed instructions.

I wonder how long it would take most people to learn how to use the tools and methods that would even give minimum value of their labor. Stepping from sitting at the tv to falling trees,cutting,splitting,drying firewood would be interesting for people that use a thermostat.

Training the workers how to be productive will be a bigger job than splitting up the work load. Keeping them working will be interesting also.

Red

1 - 8 of 8 Posts