Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Wilderness Survivor
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a comment, but Hamas really should heed the warnings from all those concerned heads of state making them. Israel has the capacity to blow Palestine (and Hamas) off the face of the map. I am dismayed and disappointed at all the saber rattling and male oriented testosterone machoism being flung about over there. But like I said, "just a comment".

·
Wild Edibles Expert
10,167 Posts
There is one view that the problems between the Muslims (especially of the Middle East) and the rest of the world is that it is a conflict in concepts of masculinity. Take woman, for example. In the west she puts on a bikini and the man thinks WOW! then controls himself and thinks "let's see if we get along or not, and if not, NEXT." The Middle Easterner say STOP TEMPING ME VILE CREATURE, I CAN'T CONTROL MYSELF SO YOU COVER UP.

That is essentially their approach to just about every issue. Everything other than themselves offends them, they can't control themselves, so the other has to change. Woman has to cover up, the Jews have to leave, the US has to be toppled. They think like a gang of boys. No where on earth is a Muslim country a good neighbor. And of course, it is the world that is wrong and needs to convert to Islam.

·
Getting Older
1,233 Posts
There is one view that the problems between the Muslims (especially of the Middle East) and the rest of the world is that it is a conflict in concepts of masculinity. Take woman, for example. In the west she puts on a bikini and the man thinks WOW! then controls himself and thinks "let's see if we get along or not, and if not, NEXT." The Middle Easterner say STOP TEMPING ME VILE CREATURE, I CAN'T CONTROL MYSELF SO YOU COVER UP.

That is essentially their approach to just about every issue. Everything other than themselves offends them, they can't control themselves, so the other has to change. Woman has to cover up, the Jews have to leave, the US has to be toppled. They think like a gang of boys. No where on earth is a Muslim country a good neighbor. And of course, it is the world that is wrong and needs to convert to Islam.
Now that you put it like that there is little difference between Radical Islam and Radical Political Correctness.

·
high on truck stop coffee
17,728 Posts
radical islam & the next generation..

I found this commentary about Islam on another site & thought I should share.
----------------------------------------------------------------
from Michael Savage:

"What sane nation that worships the U.S. Constitution, which is the greatest document of freedom ever written, would bring in people who worship a book that tells them the exact opposite? Make no mistake about it, the Quran is not a document of freedom. The Quran is a document of slavery & chattel. It teaches you that you are a slave."(note: have you heard of the nickname Abdul? or Abdullah?? it literally means slave of Allah.)

http://www.bpnews.net/bpnews.asp?ID=19939

·
Wilderness Survivor
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah,, I have noticed that.

Yep.. I have noticed that... It is also notable that the Palestinians have never shown to be able to establish their own government and/or maintain that authority ... throughout history, goes to their inability to put the squeeze on Hamas and quelch it.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Many of them are still living in the thirteenth century. Women are treated as property. Your woman doesn't cover her head in public, take her out back and shoot her. It's called an "honor killing" and she needed it. TT

·
Haha
3,407 Posts
Muslims seem to not have any tolerance. And they act upon their intolerance. A typical American walking around in a mall notices a gay couple publicly showing affection. The most likely things he/she will do is related to their tolerance level.

High tolerance person will not even take notice or it does not bother them and they pass on by.

Medium tolerance person will take notice, be disgusted and just pass by.

A low tolerance person will take quick notice and while passing by might say something to the tune of "Get a room queers" or maybe even more rude remarks.

A Muslim like SR said cannot control themselves and their religious convictions. If they see the same thing the average American does he would most likely do either of these.

Take notice but for fear of acts of reprisal is a land with different laws, just pass by.

or

Take notice and through convictions and love for Allah attacks the gay couple and claim he was being honorable by ridding the land of filfth.

You see us Americans live in a melting pot of cultures, colors and traditions. We learn to accept everyone's difference. People with low tolerances at the most would only make a comment in public about a group they dislike. A Muslim at the most would physically act to honor Allah's words. This may not be 100% but the least versus the most of actions by typical Americans and Muslims are very different.

-Cade

·
Here's Johnny!
306 Posts
A typical American walking around in a mall ...

You see us Americans live in a melting pot of cultures, colors and traditions. We learn to accept everyone's difference. People with low tolerances at the most would only make a comment in public about a group they dislike. A Muslim at the most would physically act to honor Allah's words. This may not be 100% but the least versus the most of actions by typical *Americans and Muslims are very different.

I was just wondering what a 'typical American' looks like ...

And along those lines, aren't there Muslim Americans? Just curious.

·
Premium Member
9,224 Posts
IMHO there are no hyphenated Americans ... African-Americans ... Italian-Americans ... Irish-Americans ... Dutch-Americans (me). We are all AMERICANS. Period.

I find it interesting that rarely lately do you hear of any ethnic group referrals beyond African-Americans. In the northeast you hear Irish-American and Italian-American quite a bit more than here in the South. But never Dutch-American ... British-American ... etc.

I just think that this whole linguistic convention is tired, outdated and simply perpetuates fanning the flames of bigotry. Let's just all be AMERICANS.

·
Wilderness Survivor
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Muslims seem to not have any tolerance. And they act upon their intolerance. A typical American walking around in a mall notices a gay couple publicly showing affection. The most likely things he/she will do is related to their tolerance level.

High tolerance person will not even take notice or it does not bother them and they pass on by.

A low tolerance person will take quick notice and while passing by might say something to the tune of "Get a room queers" or maybe even more rude remarks.

A Muslim like SR said cannot control themselves and their religious convictions. If they see the same thing the average American does he would most likely do either of these.

Take notice but for fear of acts of reprisal is a land with different laws, just pass by.

or

Take notice and through convictions and love for Allah attacks the gay couple and claim he was being honorable by ridding the land of filfth.

You see us Americans live in a melting pot of cultures, colors and traditions. We learn to accept everyone's difference. People with low tolerances at the most would only make a comment in public about a group they dislike. A Muslim at the most would physically act to honor Allah's words. This may not be 100% but the least versus the most of actions by typical Americans and Muslims are very different.

-Cade
You know, I think you're right... http://www.ynetnews.com/Ext/Comp/ArticleLayout/CdaArticlePrintPreview/1,2506,L-3648000,00.html http://www.ynetnews.com/Ext/Comp/ArticleLayout/CdaArticlePrintPreview/1,2506,L-3645719,00.html

·
Wilderness Survivor
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
IMHO there are no hyphenated Americans ... African-Americans ... Italian-Americans ... Irish-Americans ... Dutch-Americans (me). We are all AMERICANS. Period.

I find it interesting that rarely lately do you hear of any ethnic group referrals beyond African-Americans. In the northeast you hear Irish-American and Italian-American quite a bit more than here in the South. But never Dutch-American ... British-American ... etc.

I just think that this whole linguistic convention is tired, outdated and simply perpetuates fanning the flames of bigotry. Let's just all be AMERICANS.
Perhaps the next administration will manage to emphasize that.

·
Go to guy
661 Posts
I believe that the world knew that this would happen for many years. This is not the forst time that they have traded rounds and I do not believe that it will be the last.

·
Information is Ammunition
22,122 Posts

so basically, they are the trolls of the world. no wonder FX is so hopped up on sticking one in office ;)

·
Registered
4,090 Posts
So lets get this straight...
Its okay if israel pounds them to dust in the land the muzzzys have lived on for centuries,but its "intolerance",or even "hate-speech" for me to oppose a mosque being built in my town?
Tell me again why they've been allowed to immigrate here?

·
Registered
679 Posts

or

-Cade
Um.. sort-of.

I disagree with the air of superiority here.

I wonder how many Americans would be less 'tolerant' by your definitions if it were not only legal, but deemed "honorable action" to physically attack those expressing said affections in public.

Do you honestly believe those classified as "low tolerance" wouldn't prefer to bash faces, that at least a fair percentage would if there were no battery charges involved?

Less to do with morals, self-restraint, and self-control and more to do with fear of jail time and PITA involved with getting arrested or 'questioned' for name-calling imo.

I honestly feel that few say or act as they would sincerely choose to because it's socially unacceptable, or illegal.

No shortage of intolerant idiots in the US. ;)

·
Wilderness Survivor
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
you've got it jetskrtal, and it has been never ending.... the beginning of which we haven't been around long enough to remember.... ancient history.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts